first deer

Different hunts, your guns, etc.
zebra55

first deer

Post by zebra55 »

My grandson, age 8, shot his first deer yesterday during Michigan's youth deer hunting weekend. He used a shortened stocked number 1A CHP over run in 357 mag. (don't fret I still have the original stock for it)
Attachments
image0.jpeg
d findley

Re: first deer

Post by d findley »

Congratulations! That young man looks plenty proud, and he should be. My little boy is in his 50s now. I remember when he was that age and his first deer.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Outstanding! Congratulations!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

He is hooked now! :)
He may harvest a lot more Deer in his life, but this Doe will always be special! ;)
Thanks for sharing,
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Better look out for flying buttons! Grandpa must be proud enough to pop his! You are a blessed man to have a grandson to teach how to hunt and be a good sportsman. You and he both will always remember this event in his life. May you hunt together for many years to come.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Congrats to your grandson, it's a memory that will never leave him, and what a wonderful rifle to do it with. Is that the one you were looking for a stock for? Looks like you got it nicely sorted out.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

67stingray wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:44 pm Congrats to your grandson, it's a memory that will never leave him, and what a wonderful rifle to do it with. Is that the one you were looking for a stock for? Looks like you got it nicely sorted out.
Bennett
yep, found the stock at a local gun show. Stock was in good shape so only had to cut it down and re-sand the butt pad to fit. Great kid gun, light weight, mild recoil and does a good job on deer out to 75 yds.
Got his first turkey this spring also, but had to use a youth mossberg as I could not find a red label stock to shorten.
Attachments
image1.jpeg
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

and his 10 pound coho from this summer, and yes I'm one proud grampa :D
Attachments
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg (84.86 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

He's turning into a game slayer, give it time and he'll grow into a Red Label and really appreciate it.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
contender

Post by contender »

Seeing kids get into the outdoors is great. Getting them hooked on hunting is even better.

KUDOS to him for a FINE deer!

Shake his hand for us!