Factory Letters

Mohavesam

Re: Factory Letters

Post by Mohavesam »

The question is...
If YOU were seated at the boardtable, and your bonus and options are in play; What would YOU suggest the appropriate amount is spent on research, records (of what parameters) and issuance of "letters" (don't forget to consult with legal counsel about liabilities and competition issues) is?

2nd question: Whose budget is going to pay for it? (this is where everyone chuckles and looks at you).

3rd question: How will the shareholders vote on this?

Remember - There are no Rugers at Ruger anymore. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Is it a better option to grovel to someone like Chet to construct a few parameters and issue an RC letter of known history? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
Doc4429

Post by Doc4429 »

Colt letters are issued through a separate company, Colt Archive Properties, LLC and Smith & Wesson letters, similarly, are issued by the Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation. The S&WHF and Colt Archives use the records of S&W and Colt, respectively, but do not impact their budgets and are self funding through the cost of the services provided. Too bad a similar arrangement cannot be worked out with Ruger. I am not being critical, only saying the economics is easily worked out.

Bill Cross
Chairman, Board of Trustees, S&WHF
jowdurt

Post by jowdurt »

I believe Colt letters start at $75 and go up to $150. S&W letters start at $100 according to a friend of mine. I have one S&W letter for my Triple Lock and it is well written with a lot of detail. Lucky for me it came with the gun. For $10 the Ruger letters are ok but I only get them for the ones I consider collectible or unusual.
Stonebuster

Post by Stonebuster »

I got a GS-83 lettered to confirm it was a NYCPD GS-83. I will use the letter as proof if I sell it or pass it on to family so it was worth $10. The letter came back within a week of sending my check. I think because of the pandemic that dept may shut down right now. Three weeks ago I requested another letter and haven't got it yet. I'm not surprised. Even the USPS is very slow now.