Odd Serial Numbering

jimbo1096

Re: Odd Serial Numbering

Post by jimbo1096 »

On the two semi-autos the prefix 10's are so different in font and depth I can't help but thinking a batch were run with the prefix and then they came back and stamped the last 5 digits.
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

I'm looking at a letter-prefix OM Bearcat that has the last digit elevated about half way higher than the others with a clear and even strike. It's an interesting number, as well. Is there any premium for a mis-struck SN Bearcat like that or is it fairly common?
Thanks to all,
Owen
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
hittman

Post by hittman »

Seems there's lots of oddities like that. Few seem to made any difference in the price of the gun though.

I've got an old 44 Carbine with a 100- serial number but it's stamped 1 0- ..... missing the 1st 0.

A "D" stamped gun I have, that was clearly done by hand, has the "D" backwards! The end label WAS printed with the "D" correct though! :lol:
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Here's one on GB that has a mis-aligned 20 prefix:
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101405652
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
chet15

Post by chet15 »

One more added to the mystery... Super Blackhawk serial number "01172" with large size serial numbers.
Looks like Ruger didn't get the 80- added to this one either!!! When I have a better pic, we will get it posted.
Chet15