Blackhawk 3 screw value?

Ruger8r

Blackhawk 3 screw value?

Post by Ruger8r »

There is an old style 3 screw Blackhawk in 30 carbine with a yellow box available locally. Has ivory grips with separate wood ones and looks like an 8" barrel. Don't have sn. What is an approximate value, please?
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
O M CRAZY

Re: Blackhawk 3 screw value?

Post by O M CRAZY »

The 30 carbine has a 7 1/2" bbl. If it is in good condition (98+%) with the box I would put it at about $550.
Not a lot of collectors value in the 30 carb. but a fun gun to shoot. If the grips are real ivory you could add up to another $500.00 for them.
O M CRAZY
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

WRGHEll.jpg
8YrTkxC.jpg
8YrTkxC.jpg
Trying to add some pics. Hope it works.

Owen
Attachments
jBprasr.jpg
jBprasr.jpg
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Thanks OM.
Under the circumstances I would only go for it if it had collector value.
Owen
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I don't know of anybody that collectors the BKH31, But a lot of us own one or two. Your pic of the gun looks good and you have the box and some paper work. (if it;s original) Not bad if you wish to add another Ruger to your stable.
O M CRAZY
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Are they actually ivory? You can do some easy tests (if allowed) and if you look at/take some good pictures of the bottom of the grip that will also help. If you see a "grain" pattern that starts to narrow it down. If you heat a straight pin up red hot and try to push it into the backside of the grip that is another indicator (if it goes in easily, it is not ivory).
ColtArmygrip01_uppedsaturation.JPG
ColtArmy01.jpg
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Hi Ron,
Thank you for the tips.
I suspect they are plastic and were added as the walnut grips in the box with the logo are probably original. The ivory description was mine, not the seller's, and I misspoke.
He also is offering some long guns and a 3-screw Blackhawk in .357 but will only sell bundles of two. This pair is priced at $1600 with 250 rds of .30 and a box of .357.
Owen