50th Anniv. Set

dkdeuel

50th Anniv. Set

Post by dkdeuel »

I have a chance coming up to buy a 50th Anniversary Set, the matching serial number .357 and .44 Flat Tops. The guy I'm dealing with is excellent, it's a 100% set with boxes and paperwork. Does any one know what the price range is (low/high) for these?
rugerguy

Re: 50th Anniv. Set

Post by rugerguy »

Does it come with the 'glass display case"?? set up for the two guns???'Kinda gotta do a "sum of the total of the parts" as they closed them out years ago (CDNN) and they went pretty cheap. Last set we saw sell at the Medina,Oh., show in the beginning of this year went for $1200...One of the old Ruger collectors and former RCA Field Rep was selling them..........
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

Yeah "rugerguy", the display case is in it's shipping box and looks very good, he has the boxes and paperwork for both guns, no marks or dings on anything, matching #'s. Everything looks very good, I'm not very practiced at percentages, but I'd give it all 100%.
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

rugerguy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:03 pm Does it come with the 'glass display case"?? set up for the two guns???'Kinda gotta do a "sum of the total of the parts" as they closed them out years ago (CDNN) and they went pretty cheap. Last set we saw sell at the Medina,Oh., show in the beginning of this year went for $1200...One of the old Ruger collectors and former RCA Field Rep was selling them..........
Yeah "rugerguy", the display case is in it's shipping box and looks very good, he has the boxes and paperwork for both guns, no marks or dings on anything, matching #'s. Everything looks very good, I'm not very practiced at percentages, but I'd give it all 100%.
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

The Fjestad 8th ed. Ruger Blue book put 100% matched set $1000, if that helps any, last MSR listed as $1350
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

DK, I have a set that I got for right under a grand a few years ago, the ones I've seen lately have been priced in the $1,200 range.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

I think it is a "neat " set and in great calibers, and if thats what YOU want ( we call it the "pucker factor"...) go for it.....depends also on just what the selller may want , or if its in an auction situation, how bad do you want or need......the "sum of the parts" like I said is the guns, each around $550-600 and the display case retail around $250......'Kerm got $1200 for his set as I mentioned above.........
at least RUger got these two "anniversary " closer" to the "originals", than the earlier RST (1999) or the Single Six 2003.........totally screwed up those two 'presentations' I always felt, using a Mark II and a groove sight mini "vaquero" not even a "flatgate".....duh :?

here is a display I did in 2005 at Tulsa BEFORE the 44 anniversary even came out, just the ,just the 2 22.s and the 357 flatop......

wasn't good enough, so I sold them ALL off after Christmas 2005..... :(
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

rugerguy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:14 am I think it is a "neat " set and in great calibers, and if thats what YOU want ( we call it the "pucker factor"...) go for it.....depends also on just what the selller may want , or if its in an auction situation, how bad do you want or need......the "sum of the parts" like I said is the guns, each around $550-600 and the display case retail around $250......'Kerm got $1200 for his set as I mentioned above.........
at least RUger got these two "anniversary " closer" to the "originals", than the earlier RST (1999) or the Single Six 2003.........totally screwed up those two 'presentations' I always felt, using a Mark II and a groove sight mini "vaquero" not even a "flatgate".....duh :?

here is a display I did in 2005 at Tulsa BEFORE the 44 anniversary even came out, just the ,just the 2 22.s and the 357 flatop......

wasn't good enough, so I sold them ALL off after Christmas 2005..... :(
I'm a five-part collector, 1) shooters, a little bit of everything, 2) 50th Anniversary Issues. I lack the set, the 1 of 500 embellished .357, the #1, and the M-77 Hawkeye, I have the rest, 3) Ruger .41 Magnums, 4) ROCS issues, I came late to the dance, so all I have here so far is the #54 60th Anniv. SBH, I'll get the future #54's as they come out and if I ever get a chance to get the earlier '54's' I'll buy those too, and finally 5) 200th year Blackhawks, I've got a SBH and a .41 Blackhawk, I'd like to get the other "liberty" Blackhawk calibers too. I like Old models, I have a couple of Single-sixes and a .41 Blackhawk, but I'm retired on a fixed income so guns in that price range are mostly beyond me, I think I'm pretty much relegated to New Model collecting. I'm thinking, at this point, that any figure he gives me under $1400 or so, I'll take and be happy. That's not a cheap price by any means, but I figure the costs of searching and checking out others, or dealings with fickle auction sites, this is the best of all actual worlds.
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

sounds like a plan to me, you get what YOU want....you say you are getting the #54 guns??? I thought they did away with the low number program yeara ago,..I knew guys who got their numbers but the company stopped it,,,I have a few of the #31 guns got thewm over the years and have about 6 or 7 of them....being retired also, I am NOT actively seeking any more, turned down a couple more years ago,,,,they wanted way too much or were in bad shape

take care and good luck, my email is : dtrugerguy@gmail.com let me know how you make out...

regards,

Dan Tanko rugerguy
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

rugerguy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:42 pm sounds like a plan to me, you get what YOU want....you say you are getting the #54 guns??? I thought they did away with the low number program yeara ago,..I knew guys who got their numbers but the company stopped it,,,I have a few of the #31 guns got thewm over the years and have about 6 or 7 of them....being retired also, I am NOT actively seeking any more, turned down a couple more years ago,,,,they wanted way too much or were in bad shape

take care and good luck, my email is : dtrugerguy@gmail.com let me know how you make out...

regards,

Dan Tanko rugerguy
#54 is only for the ROCS issues, I take what I can get beyond that, my 50th Anniv. Contender is a #48, my IHMSA SBH is #26.