Model 77 MK II RCW

sptucker53

Model 77 MK II RCW

Post by sptucker53 »

I purchased a Ruger model 77 MK II RCW at Cabelas in 2007. It’s a 30.06 caliber. The salesman told me at the time that the stock was Circassian Walnut. He said that Ruger normally didn’t use that type of wood for the stocks on anything but large caliber rifles such as African big game rifles. I’m fairly certain that these rifles were a dealer exclusive with Cabelas. I’m in the process of getting a letter of authenticity from Ruger. I’m curious if anyone in this group has any information about this rifle. The Blue Book doesn’t list it so I’m guessing that it was a limited production. The label on the box says it’s a Hi-Grade. I would appreciate any information that anyone might have. I’m really wanting to try and determine a value for insurance purposes. I plan on getting an appraisal but was hoping for as much information as possible beforehand.
chet15

Re: Model 77 MK II RCW

Post by chet15 »

Plug your serial number in to Ruger's serial number lookup page and let us know what they say the model is. Then I can give you some info on that one.
Chet15

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/serialHistory/
sptucker53

Post by sptucker53 »

The model # is 17945. Shipped in 2006. Thank you for responding.
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

According to R.E.N.E. it's 1 of 151 chambered in 30-06, a Lipsey’s Exclusive. Chet15 might have some more information.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

It was a Cabela's special.
Here's another serial number 792-13482
Chet15
sptucker53

Post by sptucker53 »

Thank you so much for your help. I have a funny story about the purchase. This rifle was displayed on the wall above the racks where they keep their rifles. I knew I had to have it when I saw it. I told the salesman that I wanted to look at it. He said he had another one on the rack. He brought it over and I told him that I didn’t want that one but I wanted the one on the wall. Of course he tried to explain that they were identical. I said but the one up there is $200 cheaper. He got a ladder and got it down. He said that it had been on sale but the sale had ended. I asked what he was going to do about the price tag with the sale price. With no hesitation he said I will let you have it for the sale price. I think that will turn out to be the best $669 that I ever spent. Again I want to thank you for your help.
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Every now and then, Cabels will let slip with a great deal. Few years ago they went through a batch of various No.1 NIB at $800 per, I was stupid: ordered 2 but only transferred 1- the one I took was a nice 1-S 30-06, the one I refused was 7-08 :roll:
sptucker53

Post by sptucker53 »

If I had known then what I know now I would have bought the other rifle also. Guess that’s why they say hindsight is 20/20.