44 flat top and Super display material

twriggen

44 flat top and Super display material

Post by twriggen »

So after my first pilgrimage to Tulsa this year I have the bug to put together a display. After a considerable conversation with the wife we have settled on doing a 44 mag, both flat top and OM supers. As a long term Ruger "hoarder" and more recent collector any direction and input would be greatly appreciated. With a few exceptions, that are quickly filling, I have the revolvers and boxes I think I need for the display but the hard part is the "extras". I have a few black and white advertisements and correspondences from the assorted Dougan and Finley books I have but I was hoping to add some color to the display. Any thoughts as to where to go to find that additional color or special item that should be included in the display? I would also like to find a big colorful Ruger signage to go with it. Any thoughts and/or leads on items for the display would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Troy

Possessions have a way of possessing their possessors. - Daniel L. Dustin
d findley

Re: 44 flat top and Super display material

Post by d findley »

Personally, I like to display the early Factory advertisements as part of the exhibit, either clipped right from magazines or "blown up" larger. I would like to see a display featuring .44 SBH & FTs!
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Put together whatever you have for your first display and then have the long time displayers critique it for you. They will not be harsh, they will give good positive feedback to you. My first display wasn't all that much to look at but I got great feedback from a lot of the Advanced and Master class displayers who pointed out things that I didn't even think about. Also, ask the judges what they saw (or didn't see) that will make the display all that better. I guarantee, not one of the displayers or judges will ever make fun of a Ruger display, they will help you to present your display the best way possible to help teach people all about Rugers.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Like Don said, look for the old magazines with the Flattop and Super Blackhawk ads. You can find a lot of them on the net. NRA American Rifleman, Shooting Times, Guns , Guns & Ammo and such. Old Ruger catalogs for those are also good for displays. Looking forward to seeing your display, those are two of my favorites.
Bill
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

I am emailing you three ads you might like.
Mike
twriggen

Post by twriggen »

Any chance anyone has a good digital copy of this ad? The ones I can find are too low quality to print.

Troy

Possessions have a way of possessing their possessors. - Daniel L. Dustin