Ruger Forum.com.....account suspended?

arcticruger

Re: Ruger Forum.com.....account suspended?

Post by arcticruger »

Fox Mike wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:46 pm
arcticruger wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:02 pm It was inevitable… they have not allowed any new members to join for quite sometime now.

And while I could not signup to that board, they did have a wealth of information built up there though. That site popped up more info on my “Ruger” searches than any other one out there. Hope it comes back.
Keep in mind that a great deal of the "information posters" are also on this site. Got a question, someone here can probably answer it.
No worries there, I signed up here for the long haul. ;)
radicalrod

Post by radicalrod »

Ale 8 can kiss my ass......it doesn't cost much to host a web site....I offered to help along with Scott and we were banned for life....the guy is a DICK.....He is on a power trip....
I blame him for ruining the RF.....hopefully I have made my feelings clear....RANT OVER....
Feel free to edit my post but remember that is a "DICK" move.....RR
contender

Post by contender »

Yep,, like many here,, I see the same thing.
And rugerguy has said things quite well. Plus RR has also shown that many folks have offered monetary help, as well as computer savy help, and were flatly told it wasn't needed.

When Carl (Flatgate) had it,, many of us offered help, and sent money. Then, later on, a bunch of us chipped in & bought Carl a collection of serial number 100 guns as a "Thank you" for things.

I too hope it's not gone,, as it was the very first Forum I ever joined & like Dan,,, considered it "home" long ago. Met a lot of great folks there.

I have also started spreading the word (again,) that folks from there can visit us here & continue enjoying the fine discussions about Rugers!
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

It worked yesterday all day. Then last night about 8pm I tried to get on and it told me I couldn't connect to the server. Then this morning got the account suspended message. As others have said, it was the first Ruger forum I joined and over the years met a lot of fine Ruger people, developed some great friendships and enjoyed going to the site and learning more about Rugers. I hope that it is just temporary as I really like the site but if it is to be, it is to be. I've been perusing the .net site lately but it really isn't anything like the .com site and DEFINITELY not like this site. I have my issues with the .net site also (won't let me post a for sale because I'm an FFL (I let that slip once and they banned my sale ads because they didn't want to offend the paying advertisers) and I don't want to be a paying advertiser. I do go on there and if I can answer a question I will try to help.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
hittman

Post by hittman »

Whew!

I thought I’d been banned when it showed me the “account suspended” message. Glad to hear its not just me.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I got the same message, so I know ya’ll are over here anyway. I just created an account. Easy and done.

But I do hope the other forum comes back.
06dilly

Post by 06dilly »

Do we have server capacity here to survive if a lot of the traffic moves over? Really hate to lose the historical resources there and I hope someone had the foresight to make a searchable backup. Maybe with funding they can at least post the archives on a usable site.

TomD
Supercub160WM

Post by Supercub160WM »

im with RR, could not happen to a bigger scum bag. ask questions and all he says is he,s fixing it. never happened. it was all a big lie. It dident take long to figure out that out after years, then more years! he was lieing to us all. (even after offering to help, with my pocket book) Good riddance to mr. intolerance! I ask nicely to be let back, my only sin? asking questions. I broke no rules. but if you ask, you are labeled as an insulter to Dick. Ali-8.....he,s a thin skin prick. "Karma,s a Bitch" Dick....Scott Mr. Deestalker
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

It is now back up and running and looks a bunch better.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Piranha451

Post by Piranha451 »

The site is also allowing new registrations.