Purchased,,,,,,,WTB 1976 BN41 Liberty .41Mag

LIBERTY FOREVER

Purchased,,,,,,,WTB 1976 BN41 Liberty .41Mag

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

TEAM ROCS:

I'm looking for a NIB with shipping sleeve 1976 New Model Blackhawk BN41 .41 Mag 4 5/8".

Thanks
Last edited by LIBERTY FOREVER on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
O M CRAZY

Re: WTB 1976 Liberty Calibers .41,

Post by O M CRAZY »

You may find the .41mag a little hard to come by. Hunters really like them and new in the box may be difficult to find. But I am sure someone has one put away just waiting for you :)
LIBERTY FOREVER

Re: WTB 1976 Liberty Calibers .41,

Yes your correct OM Crazy, I have a few leads on Ruger forums, I have a pair of the 6 1/2".
One is NIB with box and shipping sleeve, the other with box and paperwork.
Its the NIB 4 5/8" in box with shipping sleeve that I'm looking for.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
LIBERTY FOREVER

Re: Purchased,,,,,,,WTB 1976 Liberty BN41 .41Mag

O M Crazy, I found one in Arizona from deserttrans over in RugerForum.com. A very nice looking one and happy to have found it. Your very correct in the fact they are a hunters fave and while I had a few offers of slightly used models it took awhile to find one in the box and sleeve. I hope all is well for you, Liberty Forever.
Attachments
Ruger .41 Mag Liberty 003.JPG
Ruger .41 Mag Liberty 002.JPG
O M CRAZY

Re: Purchased,,,,,,,WTB 1976 BN41 Liberty .41Mag

Post by O M CRAZY »

Gene,

A very nice find, congratulations! And you got it right from under my nose :shock: :oops: I guess I am slipping :roll:
Glad you got it and it looks like the whole package. Good For You!

Hope to see you in Tulsa this November. May be you will consider putting up a display?

O M CRAZY
Vince
LIBERTY FOREVER

Re: Purchased,,,,,,,WTB 1976 BN41 Liberty .41Mag

O M CRAZY
Thank you for the congrats on the find and invite to Tulsa.
I considered attending a few shows to get the feel of presentations first.
However after RoninPA outlined some show ideas in his welcome post I'm considering it.
I started buying some inexpensive Ruger 70's advertisement memorabilia, holsters, etc to try and build a display. The criteria as outlined on the "ROCS Home Page Display Information Part III-Judging and Points" helps newbies like me understand what the framework should look like, and I'm sure is invaluable in judging. Maybe I can get the Watertender to travel that way after he is healed up as well.

Gene
LIBERTY FOREVER

Part III - Judging and Points
(ROCS uses NRA Judging Points)

Title and Labels: Is there a highlighted title that fits this display? Are significant items labeled, including information that shows their relationship to the title and theme?
Maximum: 10 points

Theme: Does the display have an overall theme? Does the material presented illustrate that theme in a comprehensive and interesting manner?
Maximum: 20 points

Related Items: Presence, interest, and significance of non-firearm related items in the display. (Possible examples might include ammunition, holsters, boxes, documents, accessories, period clothing or uniforms or other related items.)

Condition: How does the condition of items in the display compare to items available?

Rarity of items displayed.

Collector importance and/or historical significance of items displayed: Do items claiming historical provenance have reasonable supporting and accurate documentation where appropriate?

Display appeal, design, and appearance: Considering factors such as neatness, creativity, general appearance and overall appeal of the display.

Total maximum points: 100

Judges Preference Point: Each judge will choose three displays that they believe are first second and third best displays in the show.

1st = 5 pts.; 2nd = 3 pts.; 3rd = 2pts.