WTB vintage Ruger Memorabilia

contender

Re: WTB vintage Ruger Memorabilia

Post by contender »

Pistolero38,,

Check your PM's.

The flag off Bills boat,, truly a HARD to find collectable. I know of only (2) of them, and one of those was lumped into a complete collection of Ruger stuff long ago. I'd tried to buy it individually but at the time I was looking,, it wasn't for sale. The other one,, I know where it lives & he's not parting with it.
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

contender wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:17 am Pistolero38,,

Check your PM's.

The flag off Bills boat,, truly a HARD to find collectable. I know of only (2) of them, and one of those was lumped into a complete collection of Ruger stuff long ago. I'd tried to buy it individually but at the time I was looking,, it wasn't for sale. The other one,, I know where it lives & he's not parting with it.
There was a guy on ebay several years ago who was some how connected to Bill's yacht, who offered one of the flag's off it with a letter of provenance.
He started out very high and came down to $1,000.00 that was his bottom line it did not sell, he claimed to have more than one.
It is the only one I have ever seen offered.
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
contender

Post by contender »

Jim Carmichael used to have one of the flags. Wouldn't sell it to me,, dern it!
Pistolero38

Post by Pistolero38 »

I’ll still keep my fingers crossed 🤞🏽 It’s all about the hunt. Any “SR” Ruger knives or Chief AJ stuff out there??? Surely someone out there has duplicates or is ready to part with something… I’d love to have a Bill Ruger signature as well.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Pistolero38 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:22 pm Thanks for the welcome!

I’ve been collecting for nearly 20 years.
I’m interested in most memorabilia and anniversary gear. Not really a fan of pins, buckles or decals. I’ve been on the hunt for a Case dealer Ruger knife display. I seek out books, neon lights and porcelain bobbles.

Show me what you have Friends.
I know who had one at least a few years ago. Send me an email to CHRugers@aol.com
Chet15
chet15

Post by chet15 »

T.A. Workman wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 pm
There was a guy on ebay several years ago who was some how connected to Bill's yacht, who offered one of the flag's off it with a letter of provenance.
He started out very high and came down to $1,000.00 that was his bottom line it did not sell, he claimed to have more than one.
It is the only one I have ever seen offered.
Terry
I believe that individual is a ROCS member. If not ROCS then he is a regular contributor on Rugerforum.com
Chet15
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

contender wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:17 am “….The flag off Bills boat,, truly a HARD to find collectable. I know of only (2) of them, and one of those was lumped into a complete collection of Ruger stuff long ago. I'd tried to buy it individually but at the time I was looking,, it wasn't for sale. The other one,, I know where it lives & he's not parting with it.”
contender wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:28 pm Jim Carmichael used to have one of the flags. Wouldn't sell it to me,, dern it!
That collection has been broke up, don’t know where that flag is at now.

I am sure many of these items reside with some collectors here.

rpm enterprises

Post by rpm enterprises »

To begin with it is not called a flag they are referred to as a Burgee. I know of two variations. I do have a Burgee that was flown on the Titania. I also have the blueprints and specs and photos of the Titania. I recall I featured all those items in one of the calendars I did years ago. I will look in my computer for a picture of it.
contender

Post by contender »

Y'all are correct,, the Burgee is the correct name. My mind wasn't working properly & I couldn't remember it when I was typing.

I know Jim was selling his entire bunch all at one time,, and things got broken up. I'd love to have one of the Burgee's but,, oh well, I keep hunting.
rpm enterprises

Post by rpm enterprises »

Ty, all that Titania memorabilia I have came from a guy who was actually the captain for the yaht. I don't recall his name right now but it's on the envelope everything was shipped in. I think he lived in Florida at the time I bought the Bugee. There were other items like napkins and matches. It's been awhile since I have seen that being it's been boxed up. I just looked on my computer for pictures but couldn't find one.