SOLD. Old Model RSS9 Custom

JussBad

SOLD. Old Model RSS9 Custom

Post by JussBad »

SOLD. Custom build RSS9 made to look like a Colt style topstrap (unsure of the gunsmith that did this work) however I sent this to Alan Harton to have real Color Case Hardened to the frame and hammer. Has real Sambar "jigged" stag grips. Has original lockwork. $975 FFL to FFL. 1st I'll take it by pm or reply. Will post on Ruger Forum site as well.
Last edited by JussBad on Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brass Frame

Re: Old Model RSS9 Custom

Post by Brass Frame »

Gary, since I cannot register on the Ruger Forum, I am happy that you listed this gun on the ROCS sight also!. Which grip frame is on this .22, XR3 or XR3-RED? Have you fired it much and which brand of .22 ammo does it like the best? brass frame/Lee E
Brass Frame

Re: Old Model RSS9 Custom

Post by Brass Frame »

Gary, Another question: What is the serial number and does it come with a .22 Magnum cylinder? brass frame/Lee E
JussBad

Re: SOLD. Old Model RSS9 Custom

Post by JussBad »

Lee
The gun has sold. But, to answer some questions and I should have put this in the at. The gun is an early XR3 164xxx. I never shot this after it returned from Alan Harton. Hopefully the new owner is pleased with his purchase. Thanks again for the questions Lee.
ps. I will be listing a couple of other CCH single-sixes but these do not have the Colt style top. Stay tuned.
Gary
Brass Frame

Re: SOLD. Old Model RSS9 Custom

Post by Brass Frame »

OK, my thanks to you for the answer. I really want an early convertible that I intend to shoot as a .22 Mag.
brass frame/Lee E