Humble Thank Yous are in order!

Anything Ruger related.
GLASSMAN

Humble Thank Yous are in order!

Post by GLASSMAN »

Last Tuesday I arrived home from work just before sundown and before even going in, took up a rake to fill a few more leaf bags for Wednesdays pick-up. After filling a few from in front of the house I went to the back patio next door at my daughters house to rake up just a bit more ,as it was getting dark. The motion lite , switching on and off wasn't enough to keep my clumsy feet from tripping over the plastic frog shaped sandbox, landing smack dab on my bad shoulder.
That was enough to end that task, so I went home next door, feeling all bruised and battered, and didn't quite understand what Barb, my wife, was trying to say as I came in through the kitchen door.

" Ruger called. You won something!"

What?
Ruger auctions doesn't have anything I'm bidding on right now, and they don't call, anyway. It's through Gunbroker.
" It's on the answering machine" Barb is saying, as I stab at the button and the shoulder stabs back.
The message starts and Barb says" Something about a safe. The gentelman sounds very nice"
" A what?? A safe! ? NO way!!"
I've never won anything in my life. $ 2.00 scratch off's don't count.
It's funny how all of a sudden my aches and pains suddenly seemed to melt away.
Sure enough, this was a message from Bill Hamm, congratulating me on my raffle ticket being pulled at the Tulsa Show, winning the Liberty safe!
To say that I was ecstatic would be an understatement.
There are folks to be mentioned and thanked, and I gratefully and humbly do so now.
This raffle was a fundraiser for ROCS , helping toward the expenses of running shows and
the costs involved, including supping awards and prizes .
This particular raffle would not have happened without the very generous donation of a safe that DARRELL TAYLOR won from a Liberty Safe raffle.
I don't know if everyone knows the story here, it was on the Forum before the drawing, but in a nutshell, Darrell told Liberty that he would like to donate the safe to ROCS, for a fundraiser.
A big THANK YOU for Darrell for your generous offer to put this in play.
LIBERTY SAFE COMPANY, being the class act that they are, said to keep that safe, and they would donate ANOTHER one directly to ROCS .
LIBERTY donated a LINCON 40 safe for this, and they are awesome,
A big THANK YOU for Liberty Safe Co. for their generosity and support they give to the firearms community.
Bill contacted me later with the contact information for whom to talk to at Liberty.
I called KYLE CLOUSE, marketing representative for Liberty, a very pleasant fellow.
He had been expecting my call, having been contacted by Bill beforehand.
I was surprised to find out I had CHOICES involved here. This wasn't going to be something they had laying around, it was going to be built according to the options I chose, such as color , lock, ect.
Then they will deliver AND install it.
I was thinking a common carrier drop ship to the driveway, or something on that order.
A thousand pounds, and now what?
NO, Liberty is going the whole way, and KYLE CLOUSE, thank you very much. Liberty has a fan here, for life. Not just because of winning this safe, but from researching your Company and realizing what a quality product you guys put out.

Finally, I need to thank the ROCS management team for holding the raffle and
making this great prize available.
Thank you, Lee, Vince, Bill,Tom, Don , Lee S , the Directors and all others who are the backbone of ROCS, and also the membership of all the like-minded individuals that make up this community that I'm proud to be a member of.
Again, thank you all.
Greg

Postscript:
To answer the questions:
Will you keep it? Absolutely
Do you need is? Desperately
What will it be for? Rugers, what else?
Big Old Boy

Re: Humble Thank Yous are in order!

Post by Big Old Boy »

You are one lucky fella. Congratulations on your new safe.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Congratulations!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
deltaarnet

Post by deltaarnet »

I'm very happy for you, and Liberty safe is a class act.
They also delivered and set up my safe.

Congratulations, Gary. Enjoy and now we both have to fill them up with Rugers :D
NRA Life Endowment Member
deltaarnet

Post by deltaarnet »

Oops I meant Greg, not Gary
NRA Life Endowment Member
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

SWEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!
Good for you.
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Attaboy and congratulations! All too often, when entering to win prizes etc. you never even hear if there is a winner or not much less who it is. ROCS delivers. I think we are all a bit envious of your win. Everyone here could use another safe or two!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Greg,
I am glad to see that a ROCS member won the safe, and that you are actually going to keep it. I am even happier to hear you are going to fill it up with Rugers!

A very special thanks to Darrell and the Liberty Safe co. for their donation and to you and all our members that purchase raffle tickets and bid on our auctions items. Without your support we would not be able to have the ROCS shows at Tulsa, Ohio, or Huntsville, or be able to offer the raffles or auction items.

So I thank you all!

Vince
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Greg, Congratulations on your win! Now maybe we can talk you into coming to a display show and showing off some of your Rugers! I like my Liberty safes, both of them, You will have a great time as we have a great group that proudly display our collections. My wife even displayed for the first time at the Tulsa show this year and I have to say she did a great job and had a lot of fun talking to many people about her special pair of SP101's made to honor Kelly Glenn-Kimbro for her 30+ years as the Ruger
Charlie1022
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

Congratulation's is in order!
I was standing next to Lee and the young Lady pulling the winning ticket!
Best of luck on the Leaves!
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!