Ruger sight screwdrivers

Anything Ruger related.
RoninPA

Ruger sight screwdrivers

Post by RoninPA »

Did Ruger ever pack a sight adjustment screwdriver in with ANY handgun sold?

This came up on rugerforum.com where a guy was asking if Ruger sold screwdrivers to adjust his GP100 sights. One guy said "I don't know if they sell them but when I bought my P85 and my Security 6 years ago there was a screwdriver in the box with them."

I asked him to send me a picture and the picture he sent was a S&W screwdriver that used to be packed in with their revolvers with a cleaning rod, brush, and sometimes a mop.

I have never received a screwdriver with any of the Ruger handguns I have bought new over the years.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Doc4429

Re: Ruger sight screwdrivers

Post by Doc4429 »

I suppose you should "never say never", but I bought my first Blackhawk .357 and Super Blackhawk in 1967 and many more since then and have never seen a sight screwdriver by Ruger.

Bill
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I have never heard of one being included with a gun.
Bill
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I have been buying Rugers since the early 60's and have never seen a screw driver or any other tool packed with them.
O M CRAZY
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

I have never seen or heard of a screw driver being shipped with any Sturm Ruger gun either I have seen a lot of guns over the years & seen a lot of 'Stuff" someone said was from the "Factory".
I will say those old S&W screw drivers command a pretty penny. IMHO.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I tried to tell the guy that Ruger didn't supply screwdrivers with their guns and he finally said he must have been mistaken. What he showed was definitely a S&W screwdriver and they do fetch a good amount when in good condition. I did see some on eBay and the prices could be pretty good for the later model ones. The early models are pricey.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I had one of those S&W screwdrivers that a friend got with a Highway Patrolman. It has been lost thru the years but it was a nice little item.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

The answer is given above, Ruger has never included a "screwdriver" with any handgun. I consulted a former employee who ran the customer service/merchandise department at Prescott for a decade or so (breakfast club topic). She told me it was suggested many times to give away Ruger screwdrivers "in the box", but other than graduates of the armory class, the old man was loudly 'not a fan' of that idea.

For the record, we know Smith & Wesson "screwdrivers" were actually named "sight adjustment tool(s)" by the maker. Most were way too soft to torque gun screws. Beware - there are many "S&W" fakes out there. :shock:
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops: