Although Collections...

Anything Ruger related.
RoninPA

Although Collections...

Post by RoninPA »

...are probably never complete, I now have at least one revolver from Rugers Double Action line. Got a Super Redhawk this weekend to "complete" my collection. I now have:

Six series Low back
Six series High back
GP100
SP101
Redhawk
Super Redhawk
LCR (one is a prototype and one is a one off brown digital camo)

I never planned to do this it just sorta happened, and when I saw what I already had, I knew I needed to complete it.

Now next up is adding specific models of each line (like a Match Champion GP100, Super GP100, Super Redhawk Alsakan, etc., etc., etc....) to add depth to the collection.

You'll be able to see them at my display at the OGCA show July 17-18, 2021.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
67stingray

Re: Although Collections...

Post by 67stingray »

Congrats Ron on the first step of your adventure of putting an all in Double Action collection in the "safes". Hopefully I can make it to Ohio, I'll bring you a box of that .380 Rim. ammo.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Ron you need a semi to haul your collection! Good for you on getting all the different double actions.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

I would opine that no Ruger collection is "complete" (nor even started) without a gun chambered in the Ruger proprietary calibers - 204 Ruger, 480 Ruger, 375 Ruger, 416 Ruger, etc.

Don't forget the ammo with Ruger on the boxes, including the original 475 Ruger headstamp on the Hornady ammo... !!!

It's only money...
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

What does the original head stamp look like for 375 Ruger? Is there a difference than the Hornady 375 Ruger stamp we see now?
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Ron,
I don't think we can ever complete a collection. Every time I think I am coming close Ruger or their distributors come out with another variation. It goes on for ever; a new model; a new caliber; a new color; etc.., etc.., etc.. I guess that's what keeps us interested! :D

O M CRAZY
aka Vince
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Vince,
I completely agree, that's what makes Rugers so interesting. In this case it is a generalized collection, the Double Actions Ruger has introduced. With in that genre, I "major" in the Six Series DA's and "minor" in the GP100's. It's just a lot of fun, the hunt, the find, the purchase.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Ron,
You are right. As you know I am basically an old model collector, but I decided go for all the new models in .41mag., and the 45acp SR1911's. I need my head examined! :shock: :o

Vince

PS. Did you get the link I sent you on the 9.5" Super Redhawk?
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

RocDoc wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:22 pm What does the original head stamp look like for 375 Ruger? Is there a difference than the Hornady 375 Ruger stamp we see now?
I don't know about the 375R. Hornady loaded 480R initially with the "475 Ruger" headstamp (325 grain with brass-colored primers). I found three hundred of these, about 150 fired cases, in my travels back around 2003. Since then I've become convinced that chambering is a perfect handgun hunting round for big deer.
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Vince, I did and I think they want a bit too much, but I'm keeping my eye on it. I saw another on there for a better price and when I asked about it they came back and said it was already sold (don't know why they didn't mark the ad as sold).
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron