What's your favorite Revolver?

Anything Ruger related.
twriggen

Re: What's your favorite Revolver?

Post by twriggen »

I have an old model 4 5/8 that I picked up years ago. Someone had filed off the rear sight "protectors" and made it look like a flat top. I swapped out the grip frame to the smaller XR3 as I like it better than the XR3-RED. It looks like an old 357 flat top on steroids. I have a few different Buffalo Bore rounds but I tend to carry the 325 LFN that is rated at 1325 fps. I'm sure I'm not getting that out of the short barrel but it makes for one heck of a loud bang when you pull the trigger. The recoil is surprisingly "pleasant" if I can call it that. I do not like to shot the 454 Casull because of the recoil but this combo is controllable/comfortable for me. It is not converted as I figure 5 rounds is a lot more than I'm going to need so I don't sweat the missing round.
Troy

Possessions have a way of possessing their possessors. - Daniel L. Dustin
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Well I suppose since EVERY RSS Flat Gate that I HAVE EVER TOUCHED, I bought :oops: 8-)
And many bought from online auctions.
The type 1's make weak in the knees.......

I guess that means they must be my favorites!

Thankfully for my wallet I have never been to a Ruger/ROCS show. :lol:

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
DaddyO66

Post by DaddyO66 »

Many years ago I bought a used Bisley 7 1/2 inch in 45 colt. I remember paying $250 for it. I discovered it had been tuned, trigger (2 LBS) throats reamed etc. Its a wonderful shooter. If I do my part it will put 4 of 6 on 12 inch steel at 100 yds. I love this gun and it gets the nod more often than not.
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Love the OM Single Sixes but my new favorite squeeze is a New Model Single Six .32, model 06511, SSM4FSI. Just picked this up and the feel, weight and balance have grown on me. The case color is nicer than I thought and the short grip gives it just the right proportions.
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector