Anything Ruger related.
Ironhawk

Re: What's your favorite Revolver?

Post by Ironhawk »

But neither are revolvers.
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

contender wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:40 pm Trying to pick a favorite Ruger handgun,, is like trying to pick a favorite child. Nope,,, ain't gonna try it!
So True! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Favorite weapon may be the wrong word. :mrgreen:
Especially with Blackhawk & Single Six there is so much history that has influenced Ruger's development a lot from its beginnings until today. That makes them so interesting for me and I am happy when I can learn something new again. The Hawkeye also exerts a great fascination on me because of its rarity and its exotic caliber, but I think that in Austria it is more likely to be struck by lightning than to get a well-preserved Hawkeye or a maximum frame. :cry: :cry:
johnc

Post by johnc »

any OM unaltered revolver. but those in 44 spl, and mag and 45 colt get the nod.
RugerfanAustria

johnc wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 am any OM unaltered revolver. but those in 44 spl, and mag and 45 colt get the nod.
I'm a big fan of the 44 Special and that's why my GP100 had to be in that caliber. It is really a shame that this caliber is increasingly being forgotten and that there are so few available weapons in this caliber today.
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

Flat top 44s though it now belongs to my grandson it was and still is the best fun gun ever.
RugerfanAustria

The flat top and especially the 44 is a painful wound for me because I unfortunately only know it from pictures and have never seen a Real or even been allowed to hold it in my hand. :cry:

PS:

I would be very grateful for Austrian development aid in the form of pictures of the Hawkeye, Flat tops or the Bearcat.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Can’t pick a favorite, but the only Ruger revolvers I have at the moment are all Blackhawks ;)

Slowly acquiring 3-screw versions of my New Models :D
twriggen

Post by twriggen »

It's hard to decide on a favorite but for the one that gets carried the most is easy. I live in Grizzly country so its an old model 45 Colt loaded with Buffalo Bore ammo.
Troy

Possessions have a way of possessing their possessors. - Daniel L. Dustin
RugerfanAustria

twriggen wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:50 pm I live in Grizzly country so its an old model 45 Colt loaded with Buffalo Bore ammo.
What 45 Colt are you using here +p or anything else? I have no experience with hunting or with bears, but what I've heard many times is that people swear by the 45 LC + P, that's why I ask.

Best Regards