What's your favorite Revolver?

Anything Ruger related.
RugerfanAustria

What's your favorite Revolver?

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Hello Friends!

At the very beginning, when I got infected with the Ruger Virus thanks to the Alaskan, the Alaskan was my pride and joy. The longer and more seriously I was interested in Ruger, the more my interest changed. If you were to ask me today which DA revolver would be my favorite, I would answer with Redhawk, although I now have to admit that the SA revolver or the Blackhawk has a very special attraction on me.

How is it with you?

Best regards
RocDoc

Re: What's your favorite Revolver?

Post by RocDoc »

The origional Vaquero 44 m
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I truly don't have one single revolver to call my favorite as I use different ones for different duties. I started out with a Security Six and love that platform. Then came the GP100, Redhawk, SP101, LCR, Super Redhawks. ALL are great guns and serve me well in different capacities.

That said, if I had to pick only one, it would probably be a Stainless GP100, .357 Magnum, 5 inch barrel. I love the balance of that gun, and being stainless it's very easy to maintain.

Then, even though I'm primarily a DA guy, I do have a fair number of Ruger SA's (12 at last count) and I would probably pick my NM, Stainless, .45 Colt, 4 5/8" barrel (only because I don't have an Old Model or blued version.)
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Along with Ronin, I own several, but if I had to pick one as a favorite, it would be a 4 inch GP100.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

the one i like to shoot the most, a tyler gun works vaquero with case coloring and stag grips in 45 long colt
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

I dont hate the GP, SP or Redhawk, just pefer a SW pre lock in a doule action, full dislosure a pair of the liitle SPs do hang around here
contender

Post by contender »

Trying to pick a favorite Ruger handgun,, is like trying to pick a favorite child. Nope,,, ain't gonna try it!
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

contender wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:40 pm Trying to pick a favorite Ruger handgun,, is like trying to pick a favorite child. Nope,,, ain't gonna try it!
Amen, Brother
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

A Maximum.......of course!
Ironhawk

Post by Ironhawk »

256 Hawkeye is my favorite, but an all time Cary in woods or public would have to be my p944 , love everything about it