UPS NEW RULES SHIPPING FIREARMS

Anything Ruger related.
flattop44

UPS NEW RULES SHIPPING FIREARMS

Post by flattop44 »

Please see that attached link to UPS Terma and Conditions. Looks like they will no longer ship a firearm or parts unless the sender has an FFL.
Bill

www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipping-supp ... earms.page
RoninPA

Re: UPS NEW RULES SHIPPING FIREARMS

Post by RoninPA »

Yep, I just skimmed what they posted a few days ago and now have to read it in depth to see exactly what I as an FFL need to do with them (some type of agreement) to be able to ship through them. Also have to read more to see what they say about shipping ammo. I had heard though, that if returning a firearm to a manufacturer for warranty work they will accept a package if the return label is generated by the manufacturer.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Just one m0re hurtle put up to make it harder for a collector or any gun owner to enjoy his/her Second Amendment right.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Agree 100% OMCrazy.
Ron, I searched their website and couldn't find the "Agreement" form, if you figure it out please let me know.
Bill
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I'll get on it tomorrow and see what I can find. I wonder if you have to set up an account with them (and I really don't want to unless I absolutely have to). I'll let you know.

Vince, I absolutely agree, I wonder who they are in cahoots with?
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

Assumes some form of undisclosed "pressure" from the Deep dark state. Associates have advised that the similar "stuff" exists at FedEx...........leaves open the question of sending for repair to an independent gunsmith, it seems..........
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

WEEELLLL, I got NOWHERE on the UPS site. I got nowhere talking to a heavily accented male on the live chat site of UPS, I got nowhere with questions to the UPS automated Q/A system.

So I called my local UPS service center (about a mile away from me) and talked to them. The lady I talked to didn't have an info and they hadn't been briefed about this major change as of yet. She did say she will ask her boss about it. She said right now the best thing for me to do is to talk to the guy(s) that run the shipping section and they should be able to tell me what is going on (but she said they might not have even been told yet). I'll go down there this evening (they are only open from 5-7pm) and see what they say. She did bring something up though. She said that the major gun makers/sellers/etc. probably have a dedicted UPS Account Representative because of their size and the amount of shipping they do with UPS and the account rep probably takes care of all that for them. It is possible that it is a form that has to be signed each time you do a firearm/firearm parts shipment (I heard rumors of that).

I'll see what I can find out tonight and let you knw tomorrow.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Thanks for looking into this Ron.
Bill
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Ok, here is what I finally found out.

Even the guys who man the shipping counter have not been briefed. However, they did say that most likely, a FFL will need to open a UPS account and when doing that something should come up for you to verify that you hold a valid FFL and that you will abide by the UPS regulations for shipping firearms and firearm parts. Doing that will be the agreement. They also said that you should print your shipping label from your account and that it may (they weren't sure though yet) that something would be embedded in the shipping label saying it's ok for them to accept.

I think I still have an account with them but if not I'll open one today and see what you have to go through and if it gives me any concrete info to pass on.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Here is something I got off a site that only FFL's can join. Sounds like it went out to the big boys as I never got anything and I'm not sure I want to contact either of the addresses just yet. If you want to print the letter I think it shows up in landscape and you'll want to go to portrait when you print
UPS LETTER.jpg
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron