Rugers/Made in China/Japan?

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
d findley

Rugers/Made in China/Japan?

Post by d findley »

I was at the Shot in Dallas several years ago. I came across a booth of Chinese manufactures. They had on display a prototype replica of a Ruger MKI, made in China. It had a slab side, rectangular receiver. I tried to buy their prototype, but no luck. Ruger shut that project down shortly after the show.
Last edited by d findley on Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
SteveRuger

Re: Rugers/Made in China?

Post by SteveRuger »

Interesting!
What year may I ask?
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Very interesting, wonder if any other than the prototype were made or if any have ever surfaced?
Bill
d findley

Post by d findley »

I don't recall the year. Maybe 15 years ago or more? I haven't seen another. I tried contacting the company...no response back.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Don, call Joe, he should be able to hook you up......
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Another interesting find, just goes to show when something is successful everyone wants a piece of the action. If I remember Don, you wrote an article in the RCA Journal years back about another copy of a MKII you ran across at the Shot Show.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
d findley

Post by d findley »

Bennett, I believe that was an AMT Lightning. I believe Coogs is referring to our great president. He would not take my call. Maybe Hunter??
chet15

Post by chet15 »

I believe that was the 1994 SHOT show.
Chet15
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

d findley wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:43 pm Bennett, I believe that was an AMT Lightning. I believe Coogs is referring to our great president. He would not take my call. Maybe Hunter??
Hunter is too busy cleaning his little glass pipe and Joe is stalking Dr. Seuss. I think we are SOL with them in more ways than one...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

Great documentation.
I am confused a bit about the "Gas Type" designation - but then the communists do things on their own.
I also dont recognize any non-Marushin TM or Ruger TM designation on the docs, so I am led to believe it would be an un-sanctioned copy of WBR's products. :evil: :evil: And yet, the manual clearly shows "Ruger" stamped on the receiver. :shock: .

Commies.

Also if this dates back "15 years or so, yet includes the MkIV hinged design and a couple conflicting features...

Godless commies.
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops: