An Odd One... Anyone know what it is?

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Watertender

An Odd One... Anyone know what it is?

Post by Watertender »

1 kmk41 (2).jpg
1 kmk41 (2).jpg
1 bull barrel 4.jpg
This looks like a KMK4BL but it is not. The serial number comes back to a 00167 that shipped in 2000. It is marked 22/45 but instead of being on the plastic Zytel frame it is on a standard Mark 2 stainless frame. The trigger is not gold like a Lipsey model. The Ruger Eagle is on the back of the bolt. The box is green like a Lipsey box but the manual inside is for a Mark 3. The label on the end of the box is partially missing so it is not able to give any information. I wonder if it was made that way at the factory or is something that someone put together. There was a mismarked 22/45 in a previous post that came back as a KMK512 and was marked as such on the box. Perhaps Chad or Don can shed some light on this one.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Watertender

Re: An Odd One... Anyone know what it is?

Post by Watertender »

sorry about the double pic!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

My guess someone changed the grip frame .
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

yes, obviously a "swap",,,we did one like that using the 5 1/4 in tapered target with the stainless MK II grip frame,,,that was NICE!!! should have kept it....we did cut down quite a few 8"onch,even some 10 inch guns for customers down to 5 or 5 1/2 in BULL barrels easy to do with ANY of the target bull barrels semi autos...trick is to mark the front sight location BEFORE you make the 'cut',,,,, 8-) :roll: ;)
contender

Post by contender »

Swapping grip frames & such is quite common. Lots of folks buying custom top ends & using the guns in competition. I've bought a few boxes of "parts" and found I was able to assemble complete guns from just such projects. I have one in my stable I call the "FrankenRuger" because it's an assembled parts gun.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

yeah, stranger things have happened, but no way to prove.
Chet15
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Could be a FrankenRuger but in any case it is a nice pistol. Thanks for the input
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Seeing that it is a FrankenRuger I think it looks good with black and grey laminate grips. The blade is a Case Ruger Lightweight SS fixed blade
Attachments
1 bull barrel frankenruger_LI.jpg