Anniversary semis. I need research help.

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Rickkling

Anniversary semis. I need research help.

Post by Rickkling »

Ok guys (and gals), I have a 50th anniv. MKII and a 70th anniv. MKIV so now I’m
Looking for the rest of ‘em. I have found that there is a 25th, 40th and a 60th.
Th 60th seems somewhat common as they pop up on gunbroker occasionally. But not the 25th or 40th. I have Don and Chad’s books and even they have nothing (that I can find, maybe I’m overlooking them) so, I would like to know if finding each of them is a real possibility or a pipe dream. I have no idea of production quantity so I just keep looking and hoping the “gun fund” will be full if and when I do find one! Any help on details would be greatly appreciated.
Rick
Watertender

Re: Anniversary semis. I need research help.

Post by Watertender »

I can remember seeing the 40th anniversary model in some of the gun magazines in 1989. It was an aftermarket offering of a Mark 2 with some nice engraving and gold accents. There were 950 of them made. The 25th I have no idea on.
1 ruger 40th2.jpg
1 ruger 40th3.jpg
1 ruger 40th3.jpg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rickkling

Post by Rickkling »

So the 40th wasn’t a factory piece?
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Rickkling wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:59 am So the 40th wasn’t a factory piece?
The American Historical Foundation put them out
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

$995 plus $149 for the walnut display case
Rickkling

Post by Rickkling »

Thank you for your help.
Even though it’s not factory I still want one, so the search continues.
Thanks again.
06dilly

Post by 06dilly »

The 40th anniversary ones really are neat. The finish is amazing, just may not be something for the Ruger purist. Still, I found one a few years ago with the box and once in a while I see another on GB. Always $1000+. Mine came with the original magazine page and the mail in coupon was cut off. I’m sure the person I bought it from used that page to order it. Pretty neat addition to the collection.

Would love to find a 25 year one, historical society or not. Pretty sure they did not make one as I’ve checked magazines from that time and have never found a reference for one. May have something to do with the Liberty models planned for two years later.

TomD
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Rickkling wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:38 pm Ok guys (and gals), I have a 50th anniv. MKII and a 70th anniv. MKIV so now I’m
Looking for the rest of ‘em. I have found that there is a 25th, 40th and a 60th.
Th 60th seems somewhat common as they pop up on gunbroker occasionally. But not the 25th or 40th. I have Don and Chad’s books and even they have nothing (that I can find, maybe I’m overlooking them) so, I would like to know if finding each of them is a real possibility or a pipe dream. I have no idea of production quantity so I just keep looking and hoping the “gun fund” will be full if and when I do find one! Any help on details would be greatly appreciated.
Rick
There wasn't a 25th Anniversary gun.
Chet15
Rickkling

Post by Rickkling »

Well mr. Hiddleson, if say there Isn’t a 25th anniversary gun then I will quit looking since, if anyone knows, it would be you!
That’s 1 less to hunt for. When I’ve googled it, two come up. One is obviously a 50th, which I have. The other is a stainless but when I open the page I get nothing. So I will keep the search on for the 40th, because it really is a nice looking piece and would make a great addition to my accumulation,...er collection!😊
Thanks all for the input!
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Rick, the 40th are tough to find with the limited quantities compared to the 50th and 70th, good luck. Here's an ad from when they came out.
Bennett
Attachments
20210907_230810.jpg
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.