Type 4 serial numbers

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
Rickkling

Type 4 serial numbers

Post by Rickkling »

According to all info I have at my disposal, there are only 7 known type 4 red eagles. Is this still accurate? Does anyone have a list of the known numbers?

Rick
67stingray

Re: Type 4 serial numbers

Post by 67stingray »

Rick, if I remember right there's 9 versions of the red eagle pistols. Pick up a copy of "Encyclopedia of Ruger Semi-Automatic Rimfire Pistols 1949-1992" by Chad Hiddleson, it's a great resource of information on them.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

There are quite a few more than that these days, but believe the known number to still be under 20.
Chet15
Rickkling

Post by Rickkling »

Bennet,
Thank you, you’re right, that’s one of the first books I bought when this addiction began!
That’s actually my main reference book! That’s where I found the “only 7 known”. But since the book is older, I assumed that more had been found by now.
I ask because I bought another one and was going to hand out the details if anyone is keeping track of it!
If someone is, contact me and I’ll send any info needed as soon as I get it.
Rick
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

chet15 is the man that would know! He wrote the book!!! Between him and Don Findley and John Dougan if it ain't known it ain't worth knowing! The 3 are the best in the business concerning the Ruger .22 Automatic Pistol. My favorites are the original Mark One and RST series as well as the Mark 2 models... I have no problem taking one apart and putting it back together so a Mark 4 is not needed by me and the Mark 3 is a lawyers delight...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...