Ruger Standard Model???

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
bruce

Ruger Standard Model???

Post by bruce »

Was visiting my family the other Friday and found a little four inch .22 LR automatic. Salesman told me it was a Mark I. However on the side of the receiver the stamped information stated that it was a Ruger .22 Long Rifle Automatic Pistol. Serial Number is 12235. Looked really good. Nice and clean. Price ended up $400 which given the way things are going looked okay to me. Couple of small imperfections/rub marks on the bluing. Could not have been fired a lot as there is no wear on the front strap/rear grip nor the cocking surface of the bolt. Front sight is perfect. Screw heads show no sign of ever having seen a screw driver since the factory. Red eagle grips. One magazine.

My wife bought me a little 77-22 back in 1985 or so. Do remember it was bought the same year it was featured on the front cover of The American Rifleman. Figure this little .22 pistol will be just fine to go with it in the woods/fields.

Got to be at church later so can't take it shooting yet. Is there a place where I can find out the year of manufacturer? Any other information? Sincerely. bruce.
chet15

Re: Ruger Standard Model???

Post by chet15 »

1950 will be the manufacture date.
Is the bolt on your pistol in the white or is it blued? 12214 is the earliest I know of that has a bolt that is blued on the rear half (type 8 Red Eagle). And 12173 is the highest noted with the bolt all in the white.
Chet15
bruce

Post by bruce »

Just got home. That little beauty has a bolt that is blued on the ears and back. The portion of the bolt visible in the ejection port is in the white. Ashamed to say, have not yet taken it apart for detailed cleaning. We are really busy as the church ... 125 Anniversary on Sunday AM. Big deal! I will be running like a scalded dog till Sunday afternoon. Then ... I'm going to sit down and take it easy for a little while! Sincerely. bruce.
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Bruce, congrats on a little gem, they're getting harder to find in good shape for the right price. You get a chance show us some pics.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Bruce, welcome to the best group of people that enjoy anything Ruger. You have the piece that started it all. A Red Eagle in the condition you say it is in is something you can be proud of.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
bruce

Post by bruce »

With respect, I can be wrong. I have had a few museum grade firearms. Once had a very early very elegant 1903 Springfield. Shot the hound out of it! Finally one day listened to someone w/ some sense. Sold it to a man who could afford such wonders. Took the money and bought ... a very nice 03 that would not be degraded by enthusiastic shooting. Looking back, now, kind of wish I'd not been so enthusiastic.

I think I'm going to hopefully have a little down time come Sunday afternoon. Take a few pictures. See if I can figure out posting pictures, etc. Then, think I'll do a careful field strip/cleaning. Then ... come Monday, I hope to take this little gem to the range and have some fun! Will most likely wear some sort of glove to keep my hands from sweating on the grip. Likely will also help me with my grip, etc. We'll see. Sincerely. bruce.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Just checking to hear of an update or if you have any pics?

Hope all is going well for you. ;)
bruce

Post by bruce »

I apologize. We've had a lot going on here at the church. I have got pictures on my cell phone. Got them up at a site called Flickr. Just have not figured out how to post them to this forum. Hopefully my wife can help me figure it out. Sincerely. bruce.