Just Another Day in Paradise

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
bruce

Just Another Day in Paradise

Post by bruce »

Got out of the office by lunch time Friday! Ran to the parsonage and grabbed the Standard Auto that I bought a few weeks ago and my Sig 226 Legion. Later found at range that only brass cased 9mm could be used ... so the aluminum Blazer ammo was brought home. However, bought a 50 rd. box of some sort of odd brand 115 gr. FMJ's. Shot ... O.K.

Up first came the SA! That little thing shoots! Broke my hand a little over a year ago so I figured I'd see if I could do anything by starting w/ the SA. Am due for a visit to the eye doctor for a new prescription. But even w/ my current bi-focals, I was soon able to get things settled down. That little cutie shoots exactly POI to POA. It does not like CCI Mini-Mag HP's. Got a few failure to feeds. However ... it positively adores CCI Standard Velocity! Function was 100% and on target results were absolutely outstanding.

Fired the Sig in 10 and 15 round strings at 7 yds. Not my usual distance, but I was concerned about my hand. Kept all 50 rounds inside 2 inches other than four rounds that I pulled low. Nice, round group. Thank God for 9mm! It's about all my hand can handle.

Now here I sit in the office on Monday morning hoping for things to work out so I can get to the range again on Thursday. Found a notice on my email this morning that I had won a Ebay auction. Opps! I forgot that I'd put in a bid on a NIB magazine. Oh well! If it gets here in time, it'll go under the Christmas tree!

The very first handgun I ever bought new was a Ruger Mk. II, purchased back when I was a dirt poor seminary student in 1980. I did love that little pistol. Wish I'd never let it get away. This little SA is older than that original Mk. II, but I was trying to find something closer to 1956 ... birthday gun. This is a little bit early ... but it is so pretty! And, it is such a joy to shoot! Hope and pray all of you have a very merry Christmas! Sincerely. bruce.
gunman42782

Re: Just Another Day in Paradise

Post by gunman42782 »

My first pistol was a MK2 as well. I no longer have that one, but I bought another exactly like it, as well as a target model MK2. I am glad you got in some shooting time.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Congrats on the mag, the originals ain’t so cheap anymore. Hope you make it to the range Thursday ;)

Stories sound familiar as the first first pistol I purchased was a used standard auto, unfortunately let that one go many years ago and now filling the void. I think the little Ruger auto was a lot folks first hand gun. :)
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Sounds like you had a great range day!! I too hope you can go again on Thursday. The Ruger Standard Auto is a fun little pistol to shoot. I have an old well used Mark 1 T678 that shoots as good today as it did years ago. Can't beat the Ruger .22 autos.
FT44
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Bruce, you made my day! Pistol Packin' Preacher!!! Merry Christmas!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
USMC

Post by USMC »

Nice little range report, and thanks for sharing! You sound like one of those Tibetan Monks...a pastor with the ability to stand his ground!
Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Some time I'll write a bit about the day when a trip to the dentist office ended up w/ my hands in the air as police pointed their pistols at me! Sincerely. bruce.
USMC

Post by USMC »

bruce wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:34 pm Some time I'll write a bit about the day when a trip to the dentist office ended up w/ my hands in the air as police pointed their pistols at me! Sincerely. bruce.
Whoa! Sounds bad! :o
Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are.