Ruger Mark IV Hunter

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
RugerfanAustria

Ruger Mark IV Hunter

Post by RugerfanAustria »

Hello friends, Happy New Year. Since the whole story with my dealer and wholesaler has become too stupid for me now, I'm looking for something else. What I really like besides the revolver is the Mark IV Hunter with the Target Grips and I would like to ask you something about the model about the visor. Since when have these models been supplied with a square notch and no longer with the v notch rear sight? Best regards
RugerfanAustria

Re: Ruger Mark IV Hunter

20220103_111810~2.jpg
I couldn't wait and went to see the Mark IV Hunter today and it was love at first sight.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Congratulations, it sure looks purty!

Have you shot it yet? How does it shoot?
RugerfanAustria

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to the shooting yet, but I'm already sitting on coals and will report.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

I know the feeling. I have two new pistols I’m waiting to shoot as well. ;)
RugerfanAustria

Today I was briefly trying out the new Mark IV. I already had the stainless target version with 5.5 inches in the past. As expected, the pistol worked flawlessly and shot very nice groups without interference. Although the stainless target version looks very nice, I have to say that I like the Hunter even better. However, I am considering whether I should not install a volquartsen trigger kit.
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

That is one of the fun things about MKIV pistols, upgrading them. I will do the accurfizing kit on mine, just need to make time to do so, also Volquartzen firing pin and extractor, various other parts Volquartzen sells, not that they are needed, I just like to tinker with pistols. I have several take-off barrels that I swap in and out on the lower, lots of variety=lots of fun.
RugerfanAustria

RocDoc wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:04 am That is one of the fun things about MKIV pistols, upgrading them.
what do you think of the tandemkross ultimate trigger kit or should I better order the one from volquartsen?
USMC

Post by USMC »

Wow. Great looking pistol you picked up there OP! ;)
Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That's a beauty and bet it will shoot ever better.
Bill