Standard RST-4S 1982

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
arcticruger

Re: Standard RST-4S 1982

Post by arcticruger »

Nice!! :) ..has a bull barrel anyways
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Don, those don't come up much either and I don't believe that he fine-tuned many of those. Another elusive one. JayDawg I believe has one.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Rugerologist wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:23 pm Don, those don't come up much either and I don't believe that he fine-tuned many of those. Another elusive one. JayDawg I believe has one.
d findley wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:19 pm Speaking of stainless autos, The Chief sent me this image. Not sure exactly what model it is.
Chuck,
Yes I do. In fact Mr. Findley's pic is one I took and sent to you & you sent it to the Chief.

Mr. Findley,
The serial # lookup at Ruger gives me no information, but using the model key & serial # listings in RENE it is a 1990 KMK512P. Chief AJ
fine tuned and added the Chief chamber seal. It is stamped by the Chief as "no 001" and was sold to Robert Rayburn, a big fan/supporter of the Chiefs guns.
Pic attached.

arcticruger.......my apologies for hijacking your thread!

Cheers,
JaydaWg
Attachments
chamberseal.jpg
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

JAYDAWG wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:23 pm
Rugerologist wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:23 pm Don, those don't come up much either and I don't believe that he fine-tuned many of those. Another elusive one. JayDawg I believe has one.
d findley wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:19 pm Speaking of stainless autos, The Chief sent me this image. Not sure exactly what model it is.
Chuck,
Yes I do. In fact Mr. Findley's pic is one I took and sent to you & you sent it to the Chief.

Mr. Findley,
The serial # lookup at Ruger gives me no information, but using the model key & serial # listings in RENE it is a 1990 KMK512P. Chief AJ
fine tuned and added the Chief chamber seal. It is stamped by the Chief as "no 001" and was sold to Robert Rayburn, a big fan/supporter of the Chiefs guns.
Pic attached.

arcticruger.......my apologies for hijacking your thread!

Cheers,
JaydaWg
No worries my friend, we’re all here for the same reason ;)
chet15

Post by chet15 »

I think the stainless signature RST4-S actually started life in Ruger's R&D as a regular production model pre-Mark II. There are press kit photos of an example (something like 17-00117) that show it without the WBR signature rollmarked on it.
I know after the few thousand RST4-S were shipped, WBR was extremely PO'd about the high prices they were bringing on the secondary market (he couldn't stand somebody making more off of something than he could have... fact, and was the reason he didn't care for collectors), so the last 1600 or so were shelved for a time. After that happened a few were shipped here and there, even Mikhail Kalishnakov was given an RST4-S when he visited the Ruger factory, and a big bunch went out one year for the Friend's of NRA events that were occurring.
Chet15