Mk. II SS 1985 question

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
bruce

Mk. II SS 1985 question

Post by bruce »

Call me stupid. I deserve it. Bought this pistol the other day. One magazine. Works perfectly. Wanted to buy some more magazines. What is correct? Stainless steel? Blued? Bottom plate ... Red Eagle, etc.? Sincerely. bruce.
contender

Re: Mk. II SS 1985 question

Post by contender »

No such thing as a stupid question.

The MKII mags were blued. The base plate would have the Ruger emblem on it. Some are black & silver, & some have some red in the recessed area. (The eagle isn't red.)
The mags will have slots on both sides of the body. They will hold 10 rounds.
And most importantly, NO protrusion near the top left side for the magazine latch for the later MK series guns.

MKI & MKII mags will work in a MKII.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Sir, thank you for the very helpful response to my question. I was looking at Ebay offerings for magazines. I was getting more and more confused about what magazines went with what pistols. I didn't want to buy magazines that would be incorrect. Sincerely. bruce.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Bruce, I think your magazine problem may be solved. Holster problem too. Enjoy my friend!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...