German-engraved Single Six Magnum

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
rugerguy

Re: German-engraved Single Six Magnum

Post by rugerguy »

Very nice Ruger you got there 'carbineguy' and yes it would be interesting to see under the ejector housing, as that work looks a LOT like some we've seen done by Floyd Warren , here in Ohio,in the 1960s, that oakleaf pattern is what he liked to do,,,also a 'understudy' of Floyds was Tony Tuscano also here in Ohio they signed the work under the housing as flattop 44 said above,,,surprised there are no other "initials or signing somewhere on the gun, mainly in the pattern I saw none in the pictures,,,also surprised the Germans would have engine turned ( jeweled ) the hammer that is very American..............When Charles Jarred engraved the early Rugers back in the late 50s he put his initials in a pattern on the underside of the fame.
I know if the gun may have been bought on a base 'PX" there would be NO proof marked of the country the base is located in..............
Again, really nice revolver...nice pictures too.. 8-) ;)
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Thanks, rugerguy.
I have looked for a hidden signature or initials but can't find anything. There are a couple of small, engraved spaces where it could have been placed but...
Anyhow, I am fascinated. There is a guy on the net who makes custom display cases so it will repose in one of those. Ivory is illegal in CA so I'm thinking MOP.
I'll eventually get the ejector housing off. Can't rush it.
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

That's a real BBQ gun :D
O M CRAZY
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Finally got the screw to budge - there is no signature under the ejector rod housing.
I hope I can locate old records in Germany.
OK, I'll bite, what's a BBQ gun?
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Regardless who engraved it, its a very nice piece. A BBQ gun is like a Sunday gun, it's not your everyday gun - one you break out to show off with.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

Will you be looking for real MOP or fake? If looking for the real deal I may be able to assist.
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Yes, indeed, a BBQ gun. Very few will get to handle this baby.
Thanks, all, for the compliments. I'm just amazed at the quality of the work and the subtle color variation in the blued elements. I'll keep digging for the story until I hit a wall or uncover it.
Jussbad, I may have a pair of real MOP lined up. If that doesn't work out I will hit you back.
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Went with some bone grips and gave it new digs.
Resizer_16482461733350.jpg
Resizer_16482461733351.jpg
Resizer_16482461733352.jpg