Bearcat and Single Six

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
JAYDAWG

Re: Bearcat and Single Six

Post by JAYDAWG »

JUST MY OPINION.

Like Rod said, the Beatcat is "kinda rare" and looks to me to be in collector condition 95+%, so if some one who collects needs/wants it good, make a trade! Get it in to a collectors hands.

If a trade happens something I would consider. Carbineguy is also from Californikstan and has mentioned here on the forum that shipping a gun there is a real pain in the butt with wait times, fees, & paper work. A lot of sellers will not ship there because of this.

If you don't get a trade done, again MY OPINION, it's a $600 gun. Take your boys shooting! Make it a family heirloom :)

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Dyermountain

Post by Dyermountain »

JAYDAWG wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:17 pm JUST MY OPINION.

Like Rod said, the Beatcat is "kinda rare" and looks to me to be in collector condition 95+%, so if some one who collects needs/wants it good, make a trade! Get it in to a collectors hands.

If a trade happens something I would consider. Carbineguy is also from Californikstan and has mentioned here on the forum that shipping a gun there is a real pain in the butt with wait times, fees, & paper work. A lot of sellers will not ship there because of this.

If you don't get a trade done, again MY OPINION, it's a $600 gun. Take your boys shooting! Make it a family heirloom :)

Cheers,
JAY
Appreciate your opinion! FFL-1 to FFL-1 transfers require a firearms transfer number but non ffl or ffl3 to ffl is easy.

From some time spent in the Winchester Model 12 world, I know that there are folks whole like to collect affordable firearms. This could be a cheap way of getting in to Bearcat collecting, only 1199 others out there! Of course that could be someone's entry into the addictive world of collecting.

Other side of the coin, New Bearcats are heavier and this one fits my 5 year old real good. If it doesn't sell by February, I'll take the ad down and make it his range pistol with a holster etc to fit. I really do appreciate everyone's comments!
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Actually, shipping firearms to CA is not that difficult. It takes about a minute to sign up as an FFL and some CA FFLs will accept shipments from individuals. The problems arise when a firearm that's illegal in CA is sent into the state such as a non-compliant AR style rifle or an off-roster handgun. There are no restrictions on long guns and single action revolvers are exempt from the handgun roster requirements. It's not so fun for CA buyers - we pay $37.50 to CA for the DROS and whatever the dealer charges to process it (50-150). There is a 10 day wait and we are only allowed to DROS one handgun in 30 days for internet purchases. Face to face sales are not limited to 1 in 30.

Couldn't find your listing here or on Calguns.
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron