The last LWAC made?

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Ruger8r

The last LWAC made?

Post by Ruger8r »

Just snagged this All Blue Alloy Lightweight that is outside the known serial number range. Does anyone have one numbered higher than 207307? It's a little rough but they don't show up often.
pix856187730.jpg
pix775706869.jpg
pix384100328.jpg
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
rugerguy

Re: The last LWAC made?

Post by rugerguy »

Nice find, and the only way to know or have some idea is check with Chad ,RENE as he gets the "reported" range of the serial numbers and that number on your gun certainly is beyond the highest one known ( reported)
Doubt very seriously if the factory would tell you if it was or not, as those numbers are usually "proprietary" info.... 8-) :roll: ;)
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Thanks! Yeah, Chad has seen it and says it very well could be the last one made. I got it from a very nice gentleman named Bob Goodrich, who is a long time Single Six collector and familiar to some here. Had a nice chat with him today after I posted the pic. Seems as though he had posted it on the Rugerforum with the same question. Anyway, for now, looks like it is the highest known LWAC serial number. Woohoo!
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Nice snag! Congratulations!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Well, shoulda known. This gun letters as an LWSC manufactured and shipped in November, 1957. It's had a trigger job so, nice shooter. I guess I'll leave it alone but I'm tempted to put it right. Is there a market for well worn LWAC cylinders?
chet15

Post by chet15 »

November 1957????
I wonder if Ruger messed up on your letter?
The wear on the gun is about even with that of the cylinder, I'm thinking that alloy cylinder was shipped with that gun... of course anything is possible.
Also... I would think if somebody was going to change cylinders on a Lightweight, they would have taken the alloy out and replaced it with a steel cylinder.
Chet15
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

I'm confused about the date question as the SN is consistent with 1957. Are you thinking it's too late in the year?

I agree about the wrong-way cylinder switch but an "upgrade" for a higher price could happen in the right circumstances, I guess. Sure looks like they've been together for a while and I appreciate the honest wear.

I can ask Ms. DeProfio to double check.

O