Ruger Bearcat with Black triggerguard

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Retired Tanker

Ruger Bearcat with Black triggerguard

Post by Retired Tanker »

I have been collecting Rugers for quit a while and have several old Bearcats In the Box. I have just received two new additions to the racks. One is a near NIB Bearcat with a Black triggerguard. The SN is:91-468XX The box and papers say it is a Super but not on the pistol rollmark or? The SN is in the range for one of the rare and very hard to find few with a Black TG. Any ideas on this?? Also a nice 1973 issue Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. I have in my collection about 8 NIB Rugers in both 32-20 and 32 H&R Mag.. Even the 32-20-- 32H & R Convertible. I really like the 6.5 Swede and have a #1 and the M-77 RSI in those calibers. I would like to become more knowledgeable in the collectable Rugers and their current and future values. At my age I need to leave some such info with the inventory.
gunman42782

Re: Ruger Bearcat with Black triggerguard

Post by gunman42782 »

Super Bearcats were all steel. Put a magnet on it will tell the tale.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Gunman is correct, the 91 prefix in the serial number indicates that it is an all steel Super Bearcat.
Bill
Retired Tanker

Post by Retired Tanker »

Thank you both for the info. Does the Super have any premium with the black trigger guard? I don't find too much info on the Super's are they not as collectable as the old model Bearcat?
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

The Super Bearcat was only offered for 4 years and it's my understanding that they were around 50/50 percent Blued/Gold anodized triggerguards, so I would say it's based on preference. You can always get one of both, that seems to be the theme of collectors.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.