SERIOUS COLLECTION OF OM RUGERS

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
T.A. Workman

SERIOUS COLLECTION OF OM RUGERS

Post by T.A. Workman »

Before the internet this was how they found them!! Letters & phone calls often taking weeks! :o

The Big Dogs will recognize a lot of these guns as well as names, and may even now own them. How about those prices?
Not sure if the ad was Shotgun News or early Gun List, and unfortunately I don't have a date.

NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Hawkeye28

Re: SERIOUS COLLECTION OF OM RUGERS

Post by Hawkeye28 »

John DeBruque's collection, as I recall.......offered in 1986, THE GUN LIST.......a number of these originated from/with me. John did some mighty accquisitions and had the support of key individuals. Was a good man to do business with, as well. :D 8-)
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Mike,
I figured that you or Bill Hamm would be able to shed some light on the ad.
Unbelievable collection. I 'm going through some old files and when this ad popped up
I had to post it. Thanks for the info.
Best,
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
radicalrod

Post by radicalrod »

Terry, I have owned several on this list but they have moved on.....
I wonder if you call maybe a few are left :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Radical,
When I ran across this I kind of thought that some of you guys would recognize some of these, and have some still in your collections. Thanks to Mike being able be able to identify the collection and his knowledge of not only the guns but the
seller as well was icing on the cake! It truly was a serious collection. I'll bet some of the serial #'s are still in your black book. ;)
Best
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

After attending an Agriculture Conference at Cornell University in New York state, I traveled to John's house and gazed upon his Ruger collection into the early hours of a very cold morning in January. I was so excited, I just skipped the remaining short night and headed back to my meetings. John and his partner, Jean were great hosts and I still enjoy talking with them when they attend Tulsa shows! John had the contacts both at the factory and within collector circles. I have a laminated copy of this very same advertisement that I still refer to with amazement. Brass Frame/Lee E
Doc4429

Post by Doc4429 »

I remember this ad from many years ago, but at the time, didn't have the $$$ to add any of these Rugers to my sparse collection :cry: .

Bill
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Yessir Terry, I sure remember the day I saw this ad in the Gun List, I was overwhelmed!! Brings back some memories of hunting for some $$$s. What a collection. I am fortunate to still have a few of these in my collection and they are indeed some special Rugers. I always enjoy seeing and talking to John and Jean when they travel to Tulsa. Here is one of the really special ones that I am still the caretaker of....RSS #16 with its 7-1/2" barrel, only one ever made with a 7-1/2" barrel. Made by Bill Ruger for his friend Herb Glass. Thanks for bringing back some good memories!
Bill
RSS #16 with 7-1/2" barrel, a true 1 of-a-kind!
RSS #16 with 7-1/2" barrel, a true 1 of-a-kind!
RSS #16 Inscription on the backstrap.
RSS #16 Inscription on the backstrap.
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Bill,
It is one thing to read about the guns offered in this ad, but actually seeing a picture of some of them is great. Thank you for sharing a truly special Ruger! When collectors talk about one gun display's this one sure meets the criteria! ;)

I was also impressed with Lee's comment's on actually visiting the owner & viewing the collection, it impressed him enough that he kept a laminated copy of the ad to preserve it for the future reference.

Glad to help take you guys back down memory lane, and thank you for sharing the information & history behind this ad. .

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

I remember that ad......and John and Jean......she had an amazing collection of 10/22's......actually just talked to John a couple of weeks ago....we kinda stay in touch......