Well Shazam!!!

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
bruce

Well Shazam!!!

Post by bruce »

This past Friday I found a Old Model Blackhawk in .38/357 w/ the 9mm cylinder in the little red bag. No other OEM items were included. On Saturday ... ended up buying it. Needed and today found the parts to return it to OEM condition. When I was in high school, this was the revolver I so very much wanted to own. It was less expensive than anything else. Nevertheless, I never made enough money selling firewood to pay both tuition and buy a gun. The years slipped by. For the last four years I've been getting a small bit of a payment from my health insurance. Four years later, I had almost enough money to buy this gun. A few dollars added sealed the deal. Can't tell you how much I am so very thankful to have this revolver! I am scrounging up the .38 and .357 ammo that is in my cabinet. Tomorrow I will spend the early morning counseling a couple who want to get married. Then, hopefully by noon, I'm heading for the range! BTW, it is a prefixed serial number ... 30-711XX. Bluing is virtually 99%. A few scuffs on the bottom of the aluminum grip. Wooden grips are perfect. No scorch marks that one would expect of a fired revolver. I plan to shoot the flying tar out of this revolver! I'm 66 (as of 10-9-22) and figure the future is a bit limited so I'm going to see what I can do with this Blackhawk! Hope to find a Bianchi 10L and a decent belt! Praise God! Never thought I'd find a nice one! Sincerely. bruce.
RocDoc

Re: Well Shazam!!!

Post by RocDoc »

Good for you!I love happy news, especially these days!
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Congratulations and enjoy your gun!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That is a great revolver, and they are fun to shoot. Shooting 9mm out of them is like shooting a 22 recoil wise! Have fun!!
FT44
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Love a happy ending, Bruce. So nice to scratch that childhood itch. Don't neglect that 9!
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I got counselled for my 1st marriage with a shotgun! You must be the new type of counsellor that uses something smaller... Seriously great snag there. What length barrel?
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

THE STARS WERE ALIGNED AND YOUR PRAYERS ANSWERED! GOOD AND GREAT FOR YOU! WHAT IS THE BARREL LENGTH OF YOUR TREASURE! 8-)
bruce

Post by bruce »

Barrel length is 6 1/2 inches. Everything is right from the front sight all the way to the rear sight and down to the grips.

I have found a stash of .38 Special ammo in my closet. A 100 rd. box of Rem. 125 gr. JHP's have turned up! Also got some 9mm which is normally reserved for the P-226. And ... looks like a storm by the name of Nicole is rolling into the area. So I'm hurrying to get the worship service recorded for Sunday morning. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything done before lunchtime.

What's so important about lunchtime you wonder??? Well, if I can get everything done, I'll have maybe enough time to take that little BH and get to the range! If the bottom doesn't fall out, if the rain doesn't come in buckets, if the wind doesn't blow so hard that the bullets hit sideways ... maybe just a hour or so can be found for a trip to the range. Do so wish I had some .357 Magnum ammo!!! It'd probably do a better job of bucking the wind. :-) Sincerely. bruce.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Re: Range time. Oh well, the best laid plans of mice and men sometimes go awry. You can say that again. Got a call about 11:30 AM asking if I could help the Kiwanis with unloading trucks of food. We have a storm rolling in so we had to get everything unloaded ASAP. Finished up about 3:30 PM. Walked about 7K steps just moving piles of canned goods, etc. PTL!!! We will not have to be skimpy about filling the boxes and bag for the families that we seek to help! Tomorrow, we will spend the morning sorting everything. Saturday we will spend preparing the bags/boxes for distribution. We've got turkeys that will be delivered before Thanksgiving Day. We've got folks who are willing to help with distribution. We had hoped to feed 150 families, but maybe this time we can help more people. I'll get to the range when there is time. Meantime, maybe I can figure out how to install the parts to return this pretty little Blackhawk back of OEM condition. Sincerely. bruce.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Re: Range time. It's off for a while. Nicole has blown into our little area of the Ga. coast. Rain, wind and flooding. Busy getting food bags/boxes organized, etc. Sincerely. bruce.