Brass frame 41 magnum

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
Buck E

Brass frame 41 magnum

Post by Buck E »

I have a Blackhawk in 41 magnum confirmed by Ruger as being shipped in 1972 with a 61/2” barrel and a brass grip frame. The gun appears unfired with a couple of very light handing marks. No box. Can’t seem to find any sold lately. Any info on current value would be greatly appreciated.
flattop44

Re: Brass frame 41 magnum

Post by flattop44 »

Sounds like you have a great Ruger. With no box but a validated factory installed brass grip frame I would put it in the $2,500 range.
Bill
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

.41 Brass Frame: I agree with Mr. Hamm's value in the condition that you have described and with no box. You might even find the right collector who needs this model for his collection and would be willing to pay closer to $3K. This model of lettered brass frame in .41 Mag is one of the rarest to find! You might keep your fine gun in an attempt to locate this same gun with a 4 5/8" barrel that letters with a factory installed brass grip frame? Good luck on your decision. Brass Frame/Lee E
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

You have a very rare 41. There were only around 160 BKH42B brass frame models produced. The values stated are correct but you will need to find a collector to receive that price and that may take some time, There aren't very many 41 or Brass frame collectors.

You have a rare gun I suggest you try and find a box and paper work to go with it, that will make it easier to sell and you will get closer to that $3K mark.

O M CRAZY
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Buck E wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:33 am I have a Blackhawk in 41 magnum confirmed by Ruger as being shipped in 1972 with a 61/2” barrel and a brass grip frame. The gun appears unfired with a couple of very light handing marks. No box. Can’t seem to find any sold lately. Any info on current value would be greatly appreciated.
If you post a serial number, somebody might even have a consecutive serial number to your gun.
About 20 years ago I was able to match up the only known consecutive pair of .41 Brass frames with different barrel lengths, which became one owner guns once the deal was done.
Chet15
Buck E

Post by Buck E »

I have decided to sell this gun. Really a great piece but I guess just outside of my interest. I thank you all for your input and I hope one of you gets a shot at putting it in your collection. Gunbroker auction #884289301