2003 Vaquero in .44 Magnum

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
rogue14

2003 Vaquero in .44 Magnum

Post by rogue14 »

I just bought a Vaquero, blued/case hardened, 4 5/8" barrel in .44 Mag that I was intending on using/shooting. My dealer says it might be "special" somehow though. Seems like about this time there were some weird things going on in production. This one was made in April 2003. It's new in box, factory fired only. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to find info on the value of this Vaquero, or if it's somehow "special". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gunman42782

Re: 2003 Vaquero in .44 Magnum

Post by gunman42782 »

By the year, it is a large frame Vaquero, instead of the New Vaquero with smaller frame. Anything Ruger no longer makes usually goes up in price. Some folks like the old, larger frame Vaquero, some like the new smaller frame. That would be the only thing "special" about it (that I know of), other than you can shoot .44 Specials in it! And welcome to the forum by the way!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
chet15

Re: 2003 Vaquero in .44 Magnum

Post by chet15 »

rogue14 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:10 pm I just bought a Vaquero, blued/case hardened, 4 5/8" barrel in .44 Mag that I was intending on using/shooting. My dealer says it might be "special" somehow though. Seems like about this time there were some weird things going on in production. This one was made in April 2003. It's new in box, factory fired only. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to find info on the value of this Vaquero, or if it's somehow "special". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What model is it and what serial number range is it in???
Chet15