RCA 44 mag. Tomahawk

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
Ironhawk

RCA 44 mag. Tomahawk

Post by Ironhawk »

I came across a Ruger 44 mag. special addition Tomahawk #8 for sale on gunbroker first one I have ever seen very nice rendition do any of you have off the top of your head on how many different RCA 44 s were available thinking about starting that collection. any input welcome.
O M CRAZY

Re: RCA 44 mag. Tomahawk

Post by O M CRAZY »

Ironhawk,

I hope the following will answer your question.

In 1977 another limited edition of 200 was offered called the “Tomahawk”. Actually 203 were produced. They had 4 5/8” barrels and were serial numbered I to 200 by Mag-Na-Port. (Not shown) They also sold out quickly.
In December of 1977 the Ruger Collectors’ Association contracted with Mr. Kelly to have a limited edition of “Tomahawks” produced for R.C.A. members only. A total of 90 guns were subscribed to by members and delivered in June of 1978. They differ from the original “Tomahawk” in 2 ways. The 1st being the R.C.A. serial number on the right side of the cylinder frame and 2nd was the barrel length going from 4 5/8” to 4 ¾”. This was due to the warning statement added to the barrels in late 1977 by the factory.
O M CRAZY
Ironhawk

Re: RCA 44 mag. Tomahawk

Post by Ironhawk »

Thank you for the information.