For the Wrangler haters....

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
67stingray

Re: For the Wrangler haters....

Post by 67stingray »

Good looking Birdshead you have there, for the money you can't beat the Wrangler.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

It looks good. The Wrangler is something you can tinker with and not feel like you are ruining a 1950's vintage Ruger .22. I am more of an owner than specific collector, so this group is great. I love looking at all the categories listed and learning new things as well as making great friends...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

So far I have the black, silver, bronze, RSR OD green, the Talo blued one that came with wood grips and a holster, the Big Rock Sports black cherry, and the Bill Hicks crushed orchid. I plan to keep collecting them but don't plan to get any of the birdsheads because I don't particularly enjoy the feel of those grips in hand. For the price, easy to collect! The three original colors that I purchased have all been to the range with me and some buddies. All function and shoot well thus far but they are certainly no single six.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

These little birdies are pretty cool with the 3.75 barrel. Have 4 birdsheads , 3 of the with the shortie barrel which I really like. I gave up trying to collect Wranglers, doubt the new versions will ever stop, as we are all seing yet again.
USMC

Post by USMC »

I have the Bronze Wrangler, and it is one of the most fun handguns I own. ;)
Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are.
RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

I only had the Wrangler for a very short time as I am very limited in my home country when it comes to the number of weapons. If I had to describe the Wrangler in one sentence I would say "a lot of guns for little money". If one day I am allowed to own several guns, I will definitely buy another one, maybe even with a Birds Head grip
BoyHowdy

Post by BoyHowdy »

I'm not a hater or a lover, but I have a tarted up "GopherGetter" waiting to be exercised when thing warm up!

Rex
Attachments
GopherGetter.jpg
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Went with son to pick up his Wrangler last week. He had ordered a standard Wrangler in black cerakote, but they accidentally sent a birdshead. Dealer offered a discount, but he wanted the regular Wrangler. While the dealer and him worked out getting the one he wants, I pick up the Birdshead to have a look. Needless to say, not being one to pass up a bargain (insert “sucker” here), I took it home with me.

Figured I’d keep it until his came in and then he could compare the two, just in case he might change his mind. Well after all was said and done, looks like I’m stuck with it. :D

RugerfanAustria

Post by RugerfanAustria »

I personally like the Wrangler and I also like the Birds Head Wrangler.

It's just a lot of gun for little money and it's really fun to shoot with.
Ironhawk

Post by Ironhawk »

Picked up a bronze colored Wrangler at a garage sale today and the wife said it's mine, and she shoots better than me, what's the word coming to, awesome wife.