Questions about posting items

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
Rob337

Questions about posting items

Post by Rob337 »

Good Morning all, My name is Rob and I am selling off an Estate of firearms for a friend that is just to busy. I am Retired/Disabled LEO from the Chicago west Suburbs. I know most of my guns, but I have not ever collected Ruger. I do personally own more Ruger than any other make. I am posting her as I do not want to breech any rules of the Forum. I sell on Gunbroker. I did see that Guns International is the preferred platform for selling. I do not have an account their and do to legal issues involved in an Estate will continue to sell there. After looking at some of the post here I see that several of these guns are very collectible. The Deceased was a very serious Collector. Here is one example of why I am here looking for guidance. One gun is the Super Blackhawk made for the Bicentennial and it does have the 200 year barrel imprint, super back finish, jeweled hammer and I think Magna-Port. There are also several Magnaport Classic SBH issues with the display boxes and hammers still strapped. There is a Redhawk HHI model, a few Tomahawk Models, a Police Marksman Gun, A Safari Series as well as some others I am not thinking of right now. With all the other guns I have listed , I have done a Penny start with a buy it now. So first question is can I say what I list on GB here? Next, is there a source to find previous selling prices? Most of these are not on GB. I did see if I list it for sale here I do need to include a price? Is that correct? Just let me know the best way to move these and get info on them. Please do not try and tell me they are no big deal and worth a couple hundred. I have been selling collectible guns for over 20 years, just not Rutgers. Be fair and honest, and I will return the respect. Also the previous owner was a member of the RCA and I think most came from there and SSK. Thank You.
d findley

Re: Questions about posting items

Post by d findley »

Just a thought: You might run an ad (here) in the classified. Make a list and ask interested potential buyers to send for your list. Include your email and/or a mailing address in the original ad.
Rob337

Post by Rob337 »

That is exactly what I want to avoid. It seems the rules here say you can’t list anything without a price. That is the problem. Some of these are rare and there is no price to be found. At least not that I can locate.
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

The simple answer is to put them up for auction with a detailed description and several (GOOD) photos, ;)
Post the links to the guns here as well as else where.
I have always believed that firearms of quality and rarity sell themselves.

Last man standing with his hand in the air wins.

Best,
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rob337

Post by Rob337 »

Terry , Thanks for the reply. I think that a good auction does sell itself. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay! As long as there is no issue with the link for GB that is what I would love to do. These guns were very special and I would like to see the Collectors get a shot at them. I will have other odds and ends. Those I will list here. I have several old cardboard boxes with sleeves. I know some were the red box for Ruger Target model before there was a Mark specifier. I have two Colorado Cylinders and a display box, I’m not sure what else at the moment. I work and so this as I can. Fell free to PM on things but it may take a bit to answer. Terry may I PM you with a question as I get going? I like your answer to me as it was upfront and fair to all. Rob S
fishhuntnut

Post by fishhuntnut »

Rob, I have a Colorado Single six but no box, so I would be interested, and maybe the cylinders too. Please let me know what you want. PM is fine also. Good luck with your sales on GB, as I would like to watch them.. Thanks, Tom
Rob337

Post by Rob337 »

Tom, I will do but be patient. There is lots for me to go through. Rob S
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

From the peanut gallery...

T
Your situation exemplifies the common problem: collectors who don't plan on taking care of their collections!

The only plan is apparently to let someone else take care of it! Sorry you're in that position. It IS a royal pita to try and dispose of a buddy's collection and try to get each and every piece a best price. A lot of work, assuming of course your "buddy" will have the time, good health, family agreement, etc after one is gone.

My own advice: a free listing here or a similar forum where people know what they're looking at. Say 3or4 at a time. Take a poke at a reasonable price, and move on. List something too low or too high, and you'll get free advice in your mailbox etc.
Then delete the ad and start over....

Sadly, GB or some other sales (not an auction) site is probably useful, but don't let all your auctions end the same day. You've got lots of cleaning, wrapping and boxing to do...

The best you can do is get a FAIR price to each PC., and pay GB costs and forget squeezing the last $10-20 from each gun.
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
Rob337

Post by Rob337 »

Wow that is horrible. I don’t think that way. The man had wishes and I am following them. It is not a burden. I hope your Estate is planned out now. Crap happens. When I was 41 I went to work on day. I was a Cop, made an arrest and long story short wound up with a broken back. Over the next 6 years I had several major surgeries, spent years in PT , lost my health, House , and Wife. As I was just getting back on my feet, I went to the Dr for a routine Blood work test. 15 minutes later I was told I had Leukemia. That was 2012. Volunteered for a Study group of a new medicine and I am still fighting. I know tomorrow I may get an infection and be done. I never heard my son once complain that I was leaving too many guns for him to deal with. They made me happy. He is good with that. I am sorry you don’t have that kind of support or think that other don’t. Maybe a misunderstood something. I can on here because this man had many Ruger Collectors only items. I thought this group would be the people that would enjoy them. So far only two people have been supportive. Maybe they deserve some items more than others. You say don’t worry about getting $15 or $20 dollars more. I ask are you worried about paying that $15 or $20 Dollars more. Those of you who have sent me PM that were supportive, I will be in touch. I still have many other guns to go through. I love my firearms and this is no burden. The Estate knew that and that was how I became involved. I did not want to be paid for this. For other LEO or Military out there , you get it. When a friend ask for help , you stand together. There are more battles than physical fights we all face. We work it out together. The Estate has given me a 1895 Winchester 30/06 Carbine. That is a rare gun, and I have already told my son, that this goes to my grandson when he is done and so on. If you don’t know that Winchester, look it up at the Cody museum or George Madis book. And yes, I will shoot it. For me that is the best way to enjoy that gun. Some are like artwork and are meant to be enjoyed with the eyes. Other are engineering genius and are meant to be marveled at. The Deceased did not burden me, he gave me the means to share his passion. I hope maybe now you can understand that their is always a positive side if you want there to be. There is always a negative side if you want it to be. It is up to you how to live.