2 Buckeye questions

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
DaddyO66

2 Buckeye questions

Post by DaddyO66 »

I recently acquired a pair of same serial Buckeyes. They came with boxes and manuals, no shipping sleeves. They are a very nice pair. Faint turnlines on the 32-30 and 38-40 cylinders. The convertible cylinders are clean. I bought them at a shop where they were on consignment so I don't know if they are nib or gently used. Question one is shoot or don't.
Question two is I've had a 32-20 for a long time. It's a great shooter. I'm learning towards having the 32 H&R cylinder cut to 327 federal. Good idea, yes or no?
Input and ideas are greatly appreciated.
gunman42782

Re: 2 Buckeye questions

Post by gunman42782 »

Quite simply, they are YOUR guns, do what ever YOU want to do with them! Personally, I have never owned a gun I wouldn't shoot. But that's just me. I think converting it to .327 Federal is a pretty good idea, but it may affect collector value. But, then again, you would be able to shoot 4 different rounds out of that one cylinder. Decisions, decisions. :lol:
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

actually if you simply "rechamber", open up slightly, that cylinder, to .327 Fed., and NOT 'remark" the cylinder in anyway, no one would be the wiser...have seen a few now thats what they did and they were good to go, so the resale value would be unaffected...........kinda like now the NEWER .30 carbines , it seems that 32-20 ammo can be shot out of them and there would be no change???? go figure :roll:
as the Chief used to say "ain't Rugers fun !"........RIP "AJ'..... ;)
DaddyO66

Post by DaddyO66 »

Gunman, I've always struggled with the idea of traditional collecting because I like to shoot everything I own. Saves a bit of money when you don't care about NIB.
I would like to learn more about the 30 carbine options. I have one of those also. I talked with a local Smith today about cutting one of my 32 h&r cylinders. He hasn't done that exact conversion but said it should be simple.
Thanks for the input.