Low Back Security Six

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
Rugerologist

Low Back Security Six

Post by Rugerologist »

This lady came through the gun shop the other day with a price that I just couldn't pass up. She's a low back 4" barreled Security Six in .38 Special. No box or paperwork and showing some light use. A shooter for me.
Attachments
SN.jpg
IMG-4051.jpg
IMG-4049.jpg
IMG-4048.jpg
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RoninPA

Re: Low Back Security Six

Post by RoninPA »

Congrats, looks like you dun good. That serial number is getting real close to the changeover point for the low and high back frames (and the name change from Security Six, fixed sight to Police Service Six). Should be a good shooter for you.
Last edited by RoninPA on Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thanks, Ron, and good to hear from you. I figured that you would be on top of that post!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
MinorLV

Post by MinorLV »

That is a beauty…you don’t see too many Security Six Lowback fixed sight 38’s. Congrats!
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Nice find Chuck, I have one of earlier the 2 3/4" versions of it, serial number 430.
Bennett
Attachments
SDA-82 0430 #1.jpg
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Very nice!!!
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
hittman

Post by hittman »

Congrats on your new treasure.
Rumor has it some folks really like the low back models.

hittman

Post by hittman »

I don't have a picture handy but one of my favorites is a fixed site model in 38 Special with the 2.75 inch barrel.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

RoninPA wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:24 pm Congrats, looks like you dun good. That serial number is getting real close to the changeover point for the low and high back frames (and the name change from Security Six, fixed sight to Police Service Six). Should be a good shooter for you.
Actually, that's probably the highest known SDA-84 old frame that still has the "SECURITY-SIX" rollmark as far as I know.
I also have SDA-84 number 150-94446 noted as a new frame gun with the "SERVICE-SIX" rollmark.
Maybe the higher ups at Ruger made sure that none of the old frame fixed sight guns would be called "SERVICE-SIX" and none of the new frame guns with fixed sights would be called "SECURITY-SIX".
You would think with a 2,100 gun span between these guns, that there would be some transitionals…. but none known yet.
Chet15
chet15

Post by chet15 »

67stingray wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:34 pm Nice find Chuck, I have one of earlier the 2 3/4" versions of it, serial number 430.
Bennett
As in 150-00430?
Chet15