Joe Clayton No. 1

No. 1 and No. 3
d findley

Joe Clayton No. 1

Post by d findley »

I just spoke to Lee Newton, its official, the Joe Clayton No. 1 single shot rifle is now available. Go to the Classic Sporting Arms web-site for full details.
Attachments
jdc.png
jdc1.jpg
jdc2.jpg
flattop44

Re: Joe Clayton No. 1

Post by flattop44 »

Wow, look at that wood, beautiful. Special caliber and barrel length, these are great rifles...they won't last long I'll bet
Bill
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

:!: I like that! Amazing Wood!
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!

Post by 021 »

Nice rifle! As an aside, I have hinted around about a 23 inch barrel length rifle for a long time. Glad to see they did a 25 inch and something different! I didn’t think it would be that hard to do.
Ruger1nut

Post by Ruger1nut »

Could not be happer with mine. Great wood, great caliber!!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

They look great and I'm personally excited about this offering. When I hunt the field/woodline stands here in AR I use a No. 1 chambered in .280 Remington. Some of the guys in camp give me crap about running a single shot but I've rarely ever needed two rounds for one deer and the same can be said for the majority of them as well. Still, they always ooh and aah over the quality put into the No. 1 although they are heavier than many modern rifles. When the coyotes run by your stand about 10 deep it does change the game a bit. My dad has always carried a Weatherby in .280 for AR whitetail since we've been hunting together. For those not familiar, here is a short article comparing the .280 Rem with the .280 AI.

https://www.rifleshootermag.com/editori ... ley/328727

Short Excerpt:

"P.O. Ackley was also a fan of the .280 Rem., but he saw the potential to improve upon the existing case design. Ackley reduced the original cartridge’s body taper and changed the shoulder angle to 40 degrees, which allowed for greater case capacity. This new wildcat, which became known as the .280 Ackley Improved 40-Degree Shoulder, beat .280 Rem ballistics by about 100 fps, which gave it energy and trajectory figures that nipped at the heels of the 7mm Rem. Mag. yet the .280 AI produced less recoil and muzzle blast and offered space for an additional round in the magazine. Sweetening the deal even more, Ackley designed the cartridge so that .280 AI rifles could, in a pinch, function with .280 Rem. ammo. This also allowed handloaders to fireform brass from .280 Rem. ammo."
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Mike722

Post by Mike722 »

Mine shoots very well, likes the Nosler 140 grain accubond..

flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Mighty fine shooting.
FT44