differences in #1s

No. 1 and No. 3
johnc

Re: differences in #1s

Post by johnc »

zebra55 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:42 pm since it is a 133 prefix gun, most likely it was altered by someone. That said there is always odd things that show up. you can do a serial number lookup on ruger website that would be a start. but as was stated previously getting a ruger letter is the best way to know...
yea for $10 thats the best way no doubt. seems to me someone put a bbl on a recieer? what does BBS mean?
gewehrfreund

Re: differences in #1s

Post by gewehrfreund »

johnc wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 pm
zebra55 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:42 pm since it is a 133 prefix gun, most likely it was altered by someone. That said there is always odd things that show up. you can do a serial number lookup on ruger website that would be a start. but as was stated previously getting a ruger letter is the best way to know...
yea for $10 thats the best way no doubt. seems to me someone put a bbl on a recieer? what does BBS mean?
BBS was one of Ruger's designations early on in the non-prefix years 1967-69. It means the rifle has a "B" medium weight barrel, a semi-beavertail fore-end (second "B") and sights ("S").

Now that we finally know that your rifle is a late 133-prefix gun, I am convinced it was "put together" that way by a former owner, or, much less likely, a lunch pail project by a Ruger employee.