differences in #1s

No. 1 and No. 3
johnc

differences in #1s

Post by johnc »

any charts, illustrations. articles etc showing the differences in the basic models of #1s?
67stingray

Re: differences in #1s

Post by 67stingray »

Take a visit to Lee's sight at http://www.classicsportingarms.com/faq/. Lots of information on the No.1s provided there.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

try to find a copy of JD Clayton's ruger no 1 book. that has all the slight differences from start of production through about the 80's...
The other good info is contained in the RENE (Red Eagle News Exchange) reference which you get a copy by getting a 1 year subscription. you can get to Chad by this website...he goes by chet here..you can PM him about it...
johnc

Post by johnc »

thanks guys
johnc

Post by johnc »

67stingray wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:24 pm Take a visit to Lee's sight at http://www.classicsportingarms.com/faq/. Lots of information on the No.1s provided there.
Bennett
well hell. mine doesn't seem to fit either being an A or B. its bbl is 26", sights, and stud on forearm. in 30-06.
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

johnc wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:55 pm
67stingray wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:24 pm Take a visit to Lee's sight at http://www.classicsportingarms.com/faq/. Lots of information on the No.1s provided there.
Bennett
well hell. mine doesn't seem to fit either being an A or B. its bbl is 26", sights, and stud on forearm. in 30-06.
There are any number of possibilities, both factory and non-factory to explain your rifle, depending on the serial number and any history on it you might have.
The surest way to know what you have (i.e. what variation it left the factory as) is to request a letter of authenticity from Ruger Records Dept.
johnc

Post by johnc »

gewehrfreund wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:51 am
johnc wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:55 pm
Bennett
There are any number of possibilities, both factory and non-factory to explain your rifle, depending on the serial number and any history on it you might have.
The surest way to know what you have (i.e. what variation it left the factory as) is to request a letter of authenticity from Ruger Records Dept.
true. i of course have the ser #, and have a small few lettered colt SA and ruger SA handguns. ruger is much easier to deal with than colt concerning letters. i have no history at all on it.
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

If it's an early non-prefix sn rifle, then it would be called a BBS. If it has a serial number prefix, it's highly likely that someone other than Ruger "created" it with those features.
johnc

Post by johnc »

gewehrfreund wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:53 pm If it's an early non-prefix sn rifle, then it would be called a BBS. If it has a serial number prefix, it's highly likely that someone other than Ruger "created" it with those features.
can't find a ser# on bbl. on bottom of reciever next to cocking lever is 133-387xx. no prefex. heavy as hell. approx 10 lbs with scope and sling etc
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

since it is a 133 prefix gun, most likely it was altered by someone. That said there is always odd things that show up. you can do a serial number lookup on ruger website that would be a start. but as was stated previously getting a ruger letter is the best way to know...