schuetzen

No. 1 and No. 3
zebra55

schuetzen

Post by zebra55 »

here's a picture of my latest acquisition off GB. Its a hoot to shoot. Custom built by the late BW Darr and is chambered for the traditional Schuetzen cartridge 32-40. I added a canjar trigger that I had laying around and a Malomb 6x scope to it, other than that it's just the way Barry set it up. Just finished the gun rack for it, so decided to post it.
IMG_0579.JPG
arcticruger

Re: schuetzen

Post by arcticruger »

Congratulations… Very Nice! :)
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Beautiful! Ruger #1 action?
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

What a "Classic Rifle" ! Bet you smile every time you look at her. ;)

I read an article once on a big Schutzian Rifle Match where the author described it as, "Where men stand on their hind legs and shoot like a man should" ;) ;) It was from the early 1900's if I remember correctly.

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

I saw that one and was very tempted . . . :lol:

Are you shooting it with fixed ammunition or are you breech seating? I had a 1S relined to 32-40 a few years back and haven't shot it enough too say so. Too many rifles, too little time (or more accurately, too little good weather!)

A little off topic, but about 10 years ago, I passed on another No. 1 that was barreled by Barry Darr. Problem was it was chambered in 7mm IHMSA, a cartridge that I had almost no interest in at the time.
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

gewehrfreund wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:12 pm I saw that one and was very tempted . . . :lol:

Are you shooting it with fixed ammunition or are you breech seating? I had a 1S relined to 32-40 a few years back and haven't shot it enough too say so. Too many rifles, too little time (or more accurately, too little good weather!)

A little off topic, but about 10 years ago, I passed on another No. 1 that was barreled by Barry Darr. Problem was it was chambered in 7mm IHMSA, a cartridge that I had almost no interest in at the time.
I thought the price was super good, so couldn't pass it up. The wood is exceptional and the fit, finish and checkering also perfect. As far as breech seating I guess I'm a bit too impatient to take the time at the range, so just shooting fixed ammo. Besides I don't shoot well enough to warrant that either LOL...