7 Of 9

Red Labels, Woodside, Gold Labels and Trap Guns
SPAS 15

7 Of 9

Post by SPAS 15 »

Of the nine Red Labels i have purchased over the last few years this is number seven to reside in my cabinet, but she will not be staying. This Red Label is the same model as my last one i bought so why did i buy it? I purchased it on the 5th of July this year after spotting it listed in a firearms auction catalogue the day before it went up for sale and with such a low estimate i could not resist. It was a sealed bid auction so i put in the lowest price i dare and i won.

As you see from the photo of the invoice i paid £325 inclusive of tax and buyers premium, which is approx $425. After picking up the Red Label and giving it a good inspection it is certainly not up to the standard of the other Red Labels in my collection even the second hand ones, but it is worth the money i paid. It is a gun you would not have be too precious about, not worry about leaning up against a tree or getting the odd scratch. There are a few dints in the stock and although you cannot see it on the photos the exteriors of the barrels are pitted with rust, the insides are fine. They are not too bad but it just takes the edge off what would be a nice looking shotgun.

So why is she not stopping with my collection and where is she going? A friend of mine, Paul, as just taken an interest in clay pigeon shooting and is applying for his Shotgun Certificate. Never having shot before i inviting him to shoot clays and took the Red Label along with me. His brother Steve came along with us also. Steve had one of the Red Labels i imported form Denmark and as since had purchased yet another one from me. This also is the same model as the last one i purchased and the one in this topic. So there we all where with exactly the same model Red Labels proud as Punch.

Paul liked the gun and shot well with it and a deal was struck there and then. Once his certificate as arrived and can legally own the shotgun he will be buying it off
me for the total price i paid for it after transportation and adminstration. Firearms in the UK have to be transported securely unless you pick them up yourself and there are no options other than what is provided by the firearms dealers. It is standard in the industry and is usually cheaper than fetching yourself.

Also there are administration costs when you get to your local gun shop for them to place it on to your certificate. This again is standard procedure. With the cost of the extras added on to the Red Label it works out at £380, $495, which is still cheap. The serial number is 411-10602 which i believe dates it to 1996 - 1997.
Attachments
A.jpg
B.jpg
C.png
Last edited by SPAS 15 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
67stingray

Re: 7 Out Of 9

Post by 67stingray »

Boy I'd like to run across a buy like that, congratulations on you and your friend on a beautiful shotgun.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Simon that is a beautiful "Boomstick" indeed. Still a little too nice to leave against a tree though... I can see you in a tweed stalking cap behind a busy Spaniel flushing out birds to put in your game bag. Your friend should be pleased with it once he takes possession. You should have something soon as it has just departed Heathrow 3 hours ago.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
SPAS 15

Post by SPAS 15 »

Spaniel yes, tweed no.
Ruger1nut

Re: 7 Of 9

Post by Ruger1nut »

Great deal for both of you. Nice find.
I am sure your friend wont mind the "character" marks

David
SPAS 15

Re: 7 Of 9

Post by SPAS 15 »

Yes it was and he loves it and he is a good shot too.