RUGER Trap Gun

Red Labels, Woodside, Gold Labels and Trap Guns
Charlie1022

RUGER Trap Gun

Post by Charlie1022 »

Who can remember the trap gun that RUGER made back in the 90's As I remember they only made about 300 and then they dropped them from production. I remember seeing them at the Grand American Trap Shoot in Vandalia, Ohio. I was not a big trap shooter but admired great guns and that was a place to go and see many great guns and talk to all the different manufactures. Can anyone supply any details on these guns?
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
flattop44

Re: RUGER Trap Gun

Post by flattop44 »

I hear there is going to be one in a ROCS Display in Tulsa.
FT44
Ruger No.1

Post by Ruger No.1 »

They are by far the ugliest shotgun Ruger made. All are machine engraved with RUGER in gold on each side of the receiver. Ruger production history shows all were made in 2001. I'm thinking I saw a 50th anniversary engraving on one a while back, but have convinced myself it was just in a 50th anniversary box. The serial numbers run up to the 300's. Have heard that the actual production was far less. I'll have SN 32 at Tulsa.
BlkHawk73

Post by BlkHawk73 »

I actually like the look of these. Nicer looking than the Red Labels in my opinion. (just not an O/U person) Grabbed one of the cleanup ones shipped a few years ago that Williams' got. At the time I ordered, they had 6. I got #73 and passed on another (foolishly) as I didn't wanna be greedy. Hindsight. :roll: Has a small smudge from wear on on side of the receiver but it' still pretty. :) Waiting for that market to come back around.
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

I've been looking for one that is not priced like a used Ljutic or Krieghoff. Seems when they do pop up they are in the $3500 range. Who knows maybe I'll find one decently priced. I would shoot it.