My Ruger Corp Collection

All Ruger Tools
T.A. Workman

Re: My Ruger Corp Collection

Post by T.A. Workman »

Chuck,
This was the sellers info on your drill. I didn't know if you saved it or not.
Good Hunting,
Terry

"This is a Vintage Ruger Corp Precision Hand Drill from 1946. This piece was in the same family since original purchase. This unit was taken completely down, cleaned, polished, re-lubricated, and painted (in the correct Ruger Red). It operates as smooth as silk. The handle is machined aluminum instead of the commonly found wooden handle which dates it at an earlier production year. This piece is a must have for the discriminating tool collector and a beautiful example!"
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Terry, I saw this item with 7 minutes remaining and barely got logged in in time to post my bid. Thank you for the info and for getting me squared away because I didn't even read the description. Slightly embarrassed that you knew more than I as the buyer but would have bid either way!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Chuck,
Oh I would have bid on it for sure if it wasn't for the Brace selling at the same time. IMO you got deal on it I figured it would go higher. It will look great in yours or anyone else's collection :D .

They don't make them anymore & and they made damn few of them to begin with ;)

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
chet15

Post by chet15 »

RocDoc wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:47 pm How do you guys find this stuff?
This stuff is out there... just gotta stumble upon it.
I grew up in a town of about 8,000 in central Iowa. They had a gun show at the National Guard Armory and two pieces showed up on a table there... a Yankee type screwdriver and a straight drill with the aluminum extention like shown in the pic above.
Chet15