Straight handled drill on eBay

All Ruger Tools
jowdurt

Straight handled drill on eBay

Post by jowdurt »

I see a straight handled Ruger drill on eBay for $345 buy it now.

I see Ruger corporation on the hand crank but do not see the same on the shaft near the chuck. Could someone shed some light on this. The nice pics I see on this forum seem to have the Ruger Corp stamping near the chuck.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Vaughn
flattop44

Re: Straight handled drill on eBay

Post by flattop44 »

Howabout a link to the drill.
FT44
chet15

Post by chet15 »

jowdurt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:44 am I see a straight handled Ruger drill on eBay for $345 buy it now.

I see Ruger corporation on the hand crank but do not see the same on the shaft near the chuck. Could someone shed some light on this. The nice pics I see on this forum seem to have the Ruger Corp stamping near the chuck.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Vaughn
The earliest stick drills, which were chromed and had the larger size chuck, did not have the Ruger Corp rollmark on the top front of the gear housing, and had a rollmark only on the thin aluminum arm on top of the red painted wheel.
There are a lot of neat variations in Ruger's drills. Would make a great display if a set could be put together.
There are probably only 5 or 6 of the breast drill known though, so is hard telling how many variations of that even exist today... anybody who has one is thrilled to have just 1 example!
Chet15
jowdurt

Post by jowdurt »

Just go to Ebay and type in Ruger Egg Beater Drill. It will pop to the top.

SRV
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-Egg-Beat ... 1438.l2649

Not chrome version and paint color looks off to me,JMHO. Did not know any were made with out Ruger Corp address on the shaft, was this only on the chrome variations? Good info!
Terry

This is a 1/4" chuck compared to the 3/8" chucked drill on ebay, and has chrome sleeve.

NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
chet15

Post by chet15 »

I do know of a blue stick drill with wood handle that is without the Ruger Corp rollmark at the top front of the gear shaft, but not sure somebody didn't make that one. The condition was as close to mint as one could imagine.
The aluminum extension on these are interesting. At one time I don't think anybody knew of one like that. Then an old timer collector Fred Fischer sold us one in the late 1980's. Now they turn up quite often.
The example you pictured is fairly early, with the aluminum handle and dual rollmark positions.
Chet15