Yankee Mechanic's Inc. Clydesdale

All Ruger Tools
T.A. Workman

Yankee Mechanic's Inc. Clydesdale

Post by T.A. Workman »

Thought I would share what little info I have on these extremely rare Winch-Hoist's.

In the early 70's Yankee Mechanic's Inc. of Newport, N.H. a subsidiary of Sturm & Ruger Company Inc. produced two models of the Winch-Hoist as noted on the spec sheet below. An application for TM was filed on August 20, 1971 and a TM image was filed on March 9, 1972. The image was a Red Clydesdale Horse super-imposed on a Winch-Hoist. I do not know how long or how many were made, but they all had serial numbers.

I have only seen three different pictures and one of those is in the forum classified's right now. The first picture is a complete unit in excellent condition.

This picture is one that was for sale on ebay a few years ago and up until now was the only one I had a chance to bid on.
I was watching it on ebay with two days left and planned to put a hefty bid on it in the last 30 seconds. Long story short I forgot the time and checked it one hour late, :oops: it sold for $487.00 as I remember. :(

NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
contender

Re: Yankee Mechanic's Inc. Clydesdale

Post by contender »

Great info here.

That's one of the tools I'm still seeking. I missed one several years ago,, BEFORE I knew it was actually Ruger connected. My mistake.