My Curio Cabinet

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

My Curio Cabinet

Post by Rugerologist »

Hello,

This is only my second post but I hope it's a good one! I've been out of collecting for a bit as my wife decided to continue her education. I'll elaborate and open up as we go. For now, this is my Ruger curio cabinet. I also like firearms!

Kind Regards
Attachments
IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Re: My Curio Cabinet

Post by Rugerologist »

A few more.
Attachments
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome!! Wow, you have a great collection of some really cool items! Thanks for letting us enjoy it. These are the kind of posts that I really like! !
FT44
d findley

Post by d findley »

Thanks for posting. My kind of stuff! Some very nice Ruger tools.
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Thanks for sharing those pictures!
I like collecting those objects myself, noticed that you appear to have an "All-Weather" knife in your stash ;) good find.
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you all! I wasn't sure what kind of reception my cabinet would get. After seeing some of what's out there I know that I have a lot to learn, and a lot to collect.

Don, the Ruger Corp tools have been a frustrating love affair. I've only been able to acquire these but missed out on a few that I keep kicking myself over. I am missing quite a few and the rarer variations I just don't know if I'll ever be able to get. I'm always looking for the Artisan, the Seymours, the screwdriver, and the breast drill. These continue to elude me. Thank you for all the research you have offered regarding the subject!

A portion of my collection came from two long time and old members of the RCA who I've over the years, gotten to know and love. Without them, I would be missing some of my rarer pieces. Terry, the all weather is one such item. I'm hesitant to mention any names and am not sure what the relationship is between any of you here and over there so I'll just leave that be. I am missing a few patches. Have yet to find any larger back of jacket type ones, the news exchange, and of course, the fire brigade is on my wish list. The full poker chip set was hard to get.

I know that I have a few books that I need opinions on.

My plan is to catalog my curio cabinet over the next few months and continue this thread with many more pictures as I go. I tend to be more private about my firearms but over time will share some of those items too. I know that I am in good company here. Thanks for having me!
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

Nice Collection!
There are some collectors out there that have a lot of the info & a few extra items to sell or trade.
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I'll try to do a daily update for a bit. Here are my patches and stickers.
Attachments
IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
d findley

Post by d findley »

A nice collection. PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of patches I don't see in your picture.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

That's extremely generous and unexpected. I've sent you a pm. I would like to say up front that I am fairly young at only 35 years old. I've been collecting Ruger everything since my first 10/22 my father gave me at 15. Ruger has always been affordable and reliable for me. I am here to learn as much as possible so if anyone can add comments or information about anything that I post it is very much appreciated. Many items that I have were picked up from flea markets, pawn shops, gun shows, and the internet. Some items I know where they came from and the authenticity but little else. If anything doesn't seem right about an item please let that be known as well. To learn something doesn't ever hurt my feelings. I would like to know as much history as possible about the items in my collection and your own. Dates released, other examples not shown etc. I hope that over time I can piece together some of the beautiful collections that I've been seeing around here and encourage more of you to share things I've not seen.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber